Zweisimmen connection time with Golden Pass

• beenaeem
    Participant
    29 posts
    14 August 2017 at 4:51:55 #812951

Hi

im reaching zweisimmen at 14.19 on platform 6 and then at 14.25 want to catch mobile panoramic for montreux. In case i dont catch on time ill have to wait longer to get on 16.25 panoramic train . I want to know is 14.19 to 14.25 enough time to get on montreux train. From platform 6 of zwesimmen which platform to go for montreux as its not written there and are the two platforms near?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 August 2017 at 7:20:52 #868296

Hi Beenaeem,

Yes, the station is quite small and you should have no problem changing trains in 6 minutes (assuming the train is on-time which it almost always is).

Just be sure you have your luggage collected and are ready to depart as soon as the doors open to find the panoramic train (a lot of travelers with you will be making this connection too I am sure).

Lucas

beenaeem
    Participant
    29 posts
    14 August 2017 at 10:59:20 #868297

Thanks lucas. Which platform it would be to get on montreux train?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 August 2017 at 12:04:09 #868298

Good question, I see it isn’t stated on the timetable, which is odd.

They will, I’m sure, make an announcement on the train as you pull in to Zweisimmen and you can double check with any train personnel on board. You most likely will see it at the station when you pull in (small station).

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 August 2017 at 1:46:55 #868299

Hi beenaeem,

The attached photo of Zweisimmen station will show you how small it is, and how easy it will be to find your connecting train. Six minutes is the standard connection time at Zweisimmen station, and practically everyone who gets out there will be boarding the Golden Pass train for Montreux.

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 August 2017 at 11:10:19 #868300

Hello beenaeem,

We have booked Supersaver tickets from Montreux to Bern and found out that connection time in Zweisimmen (6 min.) and Spiez (4 min.) is very small. Can we use our Supersaver tickets if our train is late and we miss the connection? Thanks in advance

beenaeem
    Participant
    29 posts
    16 August 2017 at 21:57:46 #868301

Hi

People in this forum help me so much in planning my vacations . I should also help others.

We are back from switzerland. Used trains buses trams cruises. Its all v convenient. U wont miss any connections i assure you. Stations are designed in such a way that the time written between any change of platform (though seems v short to us) but we conveniently catch it. signs are in english, people understand english. Glies is platform in german with numbers from 1 , 2,3 so on . So u just see glies 1 -3 where sign is pointing. Zwesimmen station is so small. I do recommend reservation though . We had to stand at golden pass route as there was no space. Its a holiday season. Too many tourists. And all these scenic routes are so crowded.

beenaeem
    Participant
    29 posts
    16 August 2017 at 22:01:12 #868302

And yes if u miss any connection get another one but same day. Trains are not late in switzerland. This country has one of the most sophisticated transport system. Cruises on time trams run every 3 minutes buses run on time. If its 2 min late in reaching any station sbb app states that.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 August 2017 at 2:46:29 #868303

Hi Anna, and welcome to MySwissAlps!

With Supersaver tickets, you can use the next connection if your train is delayed, but you have to get confirmation from the ticket inspector (probably on the late train), or perhaps from the ticket counter of the station where you missed your connection.

The offical rules about this are here:

http://www.sbb.ch/en/travelca rds-and-tickets/tickets-for-switzerland/supersaver -tickets.html

I have missed the selected supersaver ticket connection for which I bought a supersaver ticket. Can I still use my supersaver on another connection?

If you have missed the booked connection or wish to travel at another time, you can purchase another ticket at the standard fare and have the supersaver ticket refunded after travelling. You must show the ticket collector the original supersaver ticket with a confirmation as well as the original ticket purchased at the standard fare. Only tickets for identical routes may be refunded. Refunds can only be obtained via the Contact Center in Brig – the easiest way to do this is to apply directly using the online refund form. A reduced surcharge of CHF 10 will be applied for refunds as per T600.9. Where a train is cancelled or delayed or a route is closed, you may use the next connection with confirmation from the ticket inspector or sales agent.

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 August 2017 at 8:32:07 #868304

Thank you very much Beenaeem, I hope my trains will not be late indeed.

Thanks a lot Alpenrose666 for your great and helpful site. The only thing that bothers me now it’s a fact that our trip will be on Sunday – the ticket inspector or sales agent – do they work on Sundays? Besides, it’s our last day in Swiss.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 August 2017 at 15:38:39 #868305

Hi Anna,

Yes, if the trains are running then there will be employees working as well. Not all trains with have ticket inspectors on it though.

If you need one and there isn’t want one on your train you can find one on the next train or at the train station – if you don’t see any on either train then no need to worry about your ticket! 🙂

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 August 2017 at 21:35:31 #868306

True. 🙂 It’s so stupid of me. Thanks

• The thread ‘Zweisimmen connection time with Golden Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.