Eurail France-Switzerland rail pass
The Eurail France-Switzerland Pass provides a unique opportunity to explore both the Swiss Alps and beautiful France with a single rail pass. The pass allows you to travel on the rail network of the Swiss federal railways (SBB), a number of other Swiss railroad companies and the national rail network of France. You can travel for 4 to 10 days within a 2 month period, making this pass suitable for short vacations as well as longer vacations, in which case you can spread the days over several weeks or the entire 2 months. You could easily plan a city trip using the Eurail France-Switzerland rail pass: a trip from Paris via the French Riviera, Monaco, Geneva, Brig and Bern to Zürich is just one of the possibilities. Several scenic trains like the Bernina Express, Golden Pass Line and Glacier Express are included or can be used with a discounted ticket, which will make your journey across the Alps even more interesting. A discounted Eurail France-Switzerland rail pass can be purchased in case you travel with two or more persons. An economical 2nd class Eurail France-Switzerland rail pass is available for youths/students.
View other European rail passes
Eurail France-Switzerland rail pass features
- valid for 4 consecutive or non-consecutive days within 2 months. You can add up to 6 additional travel days;
- unlimited train travelling on the rail network of the Swiss federal railways (SBB), several other Swiss railroad companies and the national rail network of France.
Overview of the Swiss network on which the Eurail France-Switzerland Pass is valid © Eurail;
- convenient travelling in 1st class;
- free travel on selected boats (Lake Geneva, Lake Lucerne, Lake Thun, Lake Brienz, Lake Zürich, Lake Biel, river Aare and river Rhine) and many scenic trains (e.g. Bernina Express, Golden Pass Line and Voralpen Express). Free travelling requires use of a travel day;
- discounted travel (25-50%) on selected lifts and cog trains: Bürgenstock, Gornergrat, Jungfrau, Pilatus, Rigi, Stanserhorn and Titlis. In order to get discounts, you are not required to use a travel day;
- a 50% discount applies on Eurail France-Switzerland rail passes for children from 4 up to and including 11 years old;
- children up to and including 3 years old travel for free;
- a discount applies when purchasing a Eurail France-Switzerland rail pass for 2 or more persons: Eurail France-Switzerland Saver Pass;
- discount rates for people up to and including 25 years old: Eurail France-Switzerland Youth Pass;
- the Eurail France-Switzerland rail pass is only available to non-European citizens. European citizens can use an Interrail Pass.
Not included in the Eurail France-Switzerland rail pass
- seat reservations and surcharges;
- urban transportation;
- most mountain transportation services (exceptions are listed above);
- the rail section Zermatt - Brig - Disentis (Matterhorn Gotthard Bahn), which is part of the Glacier Express route. However, a discount of 25% is offered to holders of the Eurail Austria-Switzerland Pass who would like to travel with the Glacier Express. Discounted tickets can only be purchased in Switzerland. Seat reservations can be purchased online (early reservation is recommended).
- the rail section Andermatt-Göschenen (Matterhorn Gotthard Bahn). You will receive a discount of 25%. Discounted tickets can only be purchased in Switzerland.
Please note that services not listed above are not necessarily included in the pass. If you need any services that are not included in the Eurail France-Switzerland rail pass, please review the alternative rail passes.
Variants of the Eurail France-Switzerland rail pass
The Eurail France-Switzerland Saver Pass can be used by two or more people travelling together. A discount applies on the regular Eurail France-Switzerland Pass prices. Other than this, the Eurail France-Switzerland Saver Pass offers the same features as the Eurail France-Switzerland Pass. Please note that you need to travel together all the time.
The Eurail France-Switzerland Youth Pass is a good choice for students and other youths up to and including 25 years old. The pass offers travelling in 2nd class. Other than this, the Eurail France-Switzerland Youth Pass offers the same features as the Eurail France-Switzerland Pass.
Is the Eurail France-Switzerland rail pass not exactly what you are looking for? The following rail passes might fit your needs:
How to purchase a Eurail France-Switzerland rail pass
- Prices and purchase options for the Eurail France-Switzerland Pass can be found in the upper right corner of this page;
- the Eurail France-Switzerland rail pass can not be purchased by residents of Europe. In most cases, the best alternative is an Interrail Pass;
- when you purchase a Eurail France-Switzerland rail pass, you need to posses the passport or identity document that you will take along while travelling.
More about the Eurail France-Switzerland rail pass
Where to buy your Eurail France-Switzerland