€10 to 60 discount on all train passes and tickets

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 July 2016 at 17:15:07 #853121

The summer sales promotion for Hong Kong “saving hk$500 for mimium order $7000”. Not sure whether the $7000 is before or after discount? I failed to use the $500 promotion code when I ordered 2 swiss travel pass (2nd class 15-day), which cost hk$7344.

Annika
    7116 posts
    7 July 2016 at 17:49:54 #853122

Hi Susanna, welcome to MySwissAlps,

It’s hk$7000 before the discount and your order should qualify. I just tried and it works fine for me. Did you unselect the Rail Protection Plan? If you didn’t it adds costs for that so it may seem like the discount did not work. If it still fails, is there any error message?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 July 2016 at 23:41:28 #853123

Yes, i did unselect the Rail Protection Plan. Tried again many times, the error message “ERROR_WS_PROMO_ AMOUNT_LESS_THAN_MIN_ BOOKING_AMOUNT” still pop out. Please help.

Arno
    15483 posts
    8 July 2016 at 7:24:15 #853124

Hello Susanna,

I tried too, and even though the promo code works for me, they seem to have other problems with their website. The pass price was suddenly higher, and I had to select the type of pass and number of passengers twice. Also they now offer a paper ticket instead of print at home which worked fine until yesterday. So all of that can easily cause a mistake and in that case the promo code may fail. I will ask them to have a look at it.

I am sure they will fix this, so you can either wait for that, or order from the Swiss Railways webshop: they offer the print at home version for nearly the same price. To do so, visit http://www.swissrailways.com/ en. After filling out your address, they will show the delivery options. Pick “Online Ticket” from the bottom of the list. They will e-mail the pass (no delivery fees), so you can print it at home.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 July 2016 at 23:50:43 #853125

Arno/Annika, I used the following link http://www.raileurope-world.com/deals/Europe SummerSales and went all the way till the end upto payment page, but I did not the see option print at home, it included a booking fee of 8 euros, the 25 euros coupon worked since i required two passes…but before I confirm, want to make sure whether these passes will be shipped by post or will it show the option to print at home as I would prefer print at home by email than by post..thanks

Arno
    15483 posts
    9 July 2016 at 5:42:33 #853126

Hi Chandra,

That website allows Swiss Travel Passes (for consecutive days) to be printed at home. Other passes, including the Swiss Travel Pass Flex, will be shipped. Please see http://www.raileurope-world.com/pass/swiss-travel-pass-82. Which exact pass are you ordering?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 July 2016 at 13:01:54 #853127

Thank you Arno, I am looking for 8 consecutive days swiss travel pass (quantity 2). Also it shows in Euros, I am booking from United States (I have credit cards which has no foreign transaction fee), but the website charges 8 euros booking fee which is fine with me as long as it can allow me to print at home. Just want to make sure, so which page gives the option to choose to print at home, bec I went all the way to the end except payment page ?

Arno
    15483 posts
    9 July 2016 at 13:15:36 #853128

Hi Chandra,

Nearly all websites offer the print at home option. If you purchase through http://www.raileurope-world.com/pass/swiss-travel-pass-82 it’s actually the only option, so you can’t go wrong. If you went as far as the payment page you already passed the point where it says “Only Print @ home delivery option is available”.

Did it work for you now?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 July 2016 at 13:36:34 #853129

Thank you Arno for the quick reply, yes I see it now print at home option, I missed somehow previously.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 July 2016 at 17:14:08 #853130

Hi Is there any discounts /discounts code for the purchase of Swiss Travel Pass in the UK

Thanks

Billa

Arno
    15483 posts
    12 July 2016 at 17:30:28 #853131

Hi Billa,

You can find current Swiss Travel Pass promotions for any country here. There’s isn’t any special promotion for the UK at the moment. You could have taken advantage of the low rate of the pound (as discussed here), but unfortunately the Swiss Railways increased their prices in GBP this morning. You can check http://www.acprail.com/rail-passes/swiss-pass. ACP still has pretty low prices (compare here) but I guess they will increase them soon as well.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 July 2016 at 16:57:36 #853132

Tried booking two 15 continuous day (2 class) passes via HK website. “print at home” now works. But, everytime when I input the promotion discount of $500 (total cost around$6800 after discount), error message “AMOUNT_LESS_THAN_MIN_BOOKING_AMOUNT” appeared. I suspected that there’s a mimium requirement of amount $7000 (after discount) because in the situation when I select the Rail Protection Plan, no more error message appear and can proceed to next step/payment. Please clarify if $7000 before discount is qualify

Arno
    15483 posts
    20 July 2016 at 18:59:52 #853133

Hi Susanna,

That’s weird. All you need is $7000 before the discount. The promo code works fine for me. Please see the attachment. Can you try on a different computer, or in a different browser? If that does not help you will have to ask Rail Europe I think. I wouldn’t know why it works for me but not for you.

Please let us know whether you could make it work. Good luck!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 July 2016 at 16:50:52 #853134

i can go to this page (your attachment) too, but after I press “proceed to payment” button. The error message came out.

Arno
    15483 posts
    23 July 2016 at 17:33:55 #853135

Hi Susanna,

Sorry to hear that! Unfortunately I can’t help you with this. You’d better contact them and ask what’s going on. Also you can check http://www.swissrailways.com/ en. Perhaps their prices are not very different from what you would be paying through the Hong Kong site. Be sure to select Online Ticket from the bottom of the list with shipping options. That way you can print your passes at home and don’t pay anything extra.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 August 2016 at 1:00:35 #853136

Hi Arno, wondering after Aug, 7th will the 10, 60 rail europe discount on the swiss travel pass expire and will there be any new offers announced post Aug 7th ? Thanks

Arno
    15483 posts
    4 August 2016 at 5:53:51 #853137

Hi Chandra,

This promotion expires on August 9. I don’t know if there will be a new promotion soon. I don’t expect one, but I am not sure. Just keep an eye on the forum and the promo page please.

Garnet4
    Participant
    4 posts
    6 August 2016 at 21:35:58 #853138

I have been trying to use the RailEurope-world.com to use the 60 € discount for purchases greater than 800 € to buy two 15 day Swiss Train Passes for the past 5 days. The tickets totaled 802 €, allowing me to use the 60 € discount code. Tickets plus fees less the discount the totals 750 €. I input my information, then proceeded to payment. The site would not accept payment since the totaled amount is less than 800 € required to qualify. The site applied the discount as part of the ticket price instead of deducting the discount from the total ticket price.

RailEurope-world.com customer service is in India, a +10 1/2 hour time difference. I opened a chat and was sent a ticket purchase request by email and told to complete, scan and return by email. I have spent 4 days attempting to coordinate this purchase with customer service in India and still no tickets; now closed for the weekend!

The discount expires Tuesday night and I seriously doubt I will get my tickets with the discount. The website is broken for discounts, but I’m sure EuroRail-world.com will work perfectly on 9 August after the discount expires.

Arno
    15483 posts
    7 August 2016 at 7:30:25 #853139

Hi Garnet4,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! I tried too and found the same error: “ERROR_WS_PROMO_AMOUNT_LESS_THAN_MIN_BOOKING_AMOUNT”. That’s pretty bad. I will contact them as well and ask them to fix this.

Arno
    15483 posts
    8 August 2016 at 10:25:05 #853140

Rail Europe confirmed there’s a problem and they’re looking into it. If they contact us with any updates I will post here.

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 30 total)
  • The thread ‘€10 to 60 discount on all train passes and tickets’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.