A pregnant woman 5 day stay in Swiss

• chopra
    Participant
    4 posts
    19 April 2014 at 20:17:44 #806318

Day 1

It was our first time in Switzerland. We arrived at the Zurich airport and bought a 4-day swiss saver pass at the zurich airport. There was no queue and was really easy. We made our way to the train station specific platform, to Luzern. we were greeted with very nice scenery en route to Luzern.

At Luzern, we tolled our luggages to Best Western Krone, found in the shopping belt of Luzern. The hotel is a big cosy place. We then made our way out, to look at the mounts of Luzern, before visiting Coop to stock up our grocery, including the cheap Movenpick icecream selling at 8 swiss francs (easily 40% cheaper than what i can get in my own country Singapore). We then did a F&E luzern tour in the evening before settling on a Cheese + chocolate fondue dinner. It was filling.

Day 2

We had our best breakfasts in our hotel for all the 4 days. Good croissant, hot coffee/tea/chocolate, easter eggs etc.

We made our way to Interlaken via Golden Pass train. As part of the train route was under repair, we need to take a bus mid-way. It was a good switch as we were able to see more splendid stuffs along the mountain contours. Being pregnant, we snapped JungFrau at the Interlaken city instead of scaling up. We then went to the Z.falls. It was cold inside.

We then made our way back to Luzern. We stop-by Bern halfway and went to a high point of Bern via cable car to see the Bern city from atop. The rosti served up there was also cheap for the view that we got to see. The trams en-route were also easy to navigate and commute. The view was magnificient!

Day 3

Zermatt trip. We were again greeted by many scenic views..more valleys this time round. Again, being pregnant, we took photos of Matterhorn from the Church Bridge instead.

We then made our way to Thun to take a cruise to Spiez, before making our way back to Luzern to have Unicum (chicken) for dinner.

Day 4

We went to explore Basel. Again, easy commuting.

We then made our way back to Luzern to take the cruise to Viznau, to go up to Mount Rigi. This was followed by a paronamic cable car view down to Weiss, before we took the return cruise back to Luzern Transportation Museum. Being aerospace engineers trained, we were able to link up with the activities rather easily, not forgeting the cheaper-than-COOP-Lindt chocolates there. Wished we know earlier and we would have scooped up more.

Day 5

We made our way to the Zurich Airport early in the morning at 8am. The frequency of train rides from Luzern-Zurich was good.

All in all, it was a splendid trip. Made few friends, everyone speaks Good english and are very friendly and kind to pregnant woman. Not forgetting, the VERY VERY RELIABLE Swiss transportation — precision and clear. A big thank you, Swiss and her people. You made our short stint there a wonderful one.

Mr and Mrs Chopra

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    20 April 2014 at 7:51:53 #839783

Hello Mr and Mrs Chopra,

Thanks a lot for posting your trip report! It looks like you were able to visit quite a lot of remarkable places in a short time. I’m glad you liked the public transport system. Also it’s good to read that you feel you got value for money. I hope you’ll be able to return to the Swiss Alps one day. I’m sure it would be a great experience for your child.

I will add a few links to your post so that other people can easily find related information to the places you have visited.

Thanks again!

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    20 April 2014 at 15:32:12 #839784

Sounds like a nice trip! Thank you for sharing your trip report!

Arno
    15484 posts
    16 June 2014 at 11:04:12 #839785

This trip report is the winner of the hotel voucher. Congratulations to Mr and Mrs Chopra!

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    16 June 2014 at 12:20:41 #839786

That’s very nice, congratulations from me too!

chopra
    Participant
    4 posts
    19 June 2014 at 1:08:18 #839787

Thank you all. 🙂

• The thread ‘A pregnant woman 5 day stay in Swiss’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.