Geneva to Grindelwald

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 January 2015 at 16:20:19 #806790

Hi. Myself and my partner are travelling from Geneva to Grindelwald tomorrow! We want to travel there via the Golden Pass Line.

We’re trying to book the tickets on sbb.ch and it gives an option as attached but when we go through to fares/buy it says the parameters are not recognised. Geneva and chateau d’oex say change- see attached. Do you know where I’m going wrong please.

Can we book at cornavin train station at Geneva – would this be more expensive?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Ruth

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    8 January 2015 at 18:31:01 #841496

Hi Ruth,

I’m sorry I didn’t manage to answer your question in time. You can buy the tickets at the station and the price is the same, but I’m sure you have found that out by now. If you have a Swiss Travel Pass you don’t need a ticket at all.

There are a few VIP seats between Montreux and Zweisimmen. If you prefer those it is required to book the trip in advance. All further information about the Golden Pass line can be found here.

Your 3 attachments look all the same to me, and don’t show a change in Château-d’Oex. Normally you only need to change in Montreux, Zweisimmen and Interlaken Ost.

I hope you had a wonderful trip to Grindelwald!

• The thread ‘Geneva to Grindelwald’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.