Participant
    72625 posts
    5 April 2012 at 8:03:44 #805098

Hi Annika,

Example:
    Day 1: City + Cruise Tour Geneva
    Day 2: Mont Blanc Tour
    viator.com/Geneva/Cham onix-and-Mont-Blanc
    Day 3: Geneva to Interlaken by train (**Use Swiss Flexi Pass **)
    Day 4: Interlaken OST to Jungfraujoch via Grindelwald/ Lauterbrunnen
    Day 5: Interlaken to Lucern by train (** Use Swiss Flexi Pass **)
    Day 6: Cruise on Lake Lucern
    Day 7: Lucern to Zurich by train (** Use Swiss Flexi Pass **)
    Day 8: Zurich to Chur
    Day 9. Bernina Express, Chur to Lugano (** Use Swiss Flexi Pass **)

Questions Swiss Flexi Pass:
    1. Understand that the Swiss Flexi Pass can be used for non consecutive dates, if I get a 4 days validity pass and use the ticket for Day 3, Day 5 and Day 7 for the trains, can I use the ticket for Day 1 and Day 2 for discounts? Does all private Swiss tour agents give discounts for Swiss Flexi Pass?

2. Since I’ve used the free travel days for Day 3,5 and7, as for Day 4 to Jungfraujoch, can I still get discount from Interlaken OST to Grindelwald/ Lauterbrunnen, and also 25% discount for mountain trains from Grindelwald/ Lauterbrunnen to Junfraujoch?

3. For the Swiss Flexi Pass, I can choose the free travel dates, right? But how to indicate on the ticket for the chosen dates (see attachment)? The Swiss Flexi Pass only allow us to fill in the first and last travelling date.

Questions on Bernina Express.
    4. Understand that Swiss Flexi Pass can be used for for Berina Express but at raileurope.com.sg website, I can’t find the option to utilise the Swiss Flexi Pass, so I’m not sure whether to get a 3days or 4 days Swiss Flexi Pass?
    And also I can’t find the option for seat reservation for the panoramic trains.
    http://www.raileurope.com.sg/ rail-products/train-tickets/article/bernin a-express

5. As for the Bernina Express Bus ride from Tirano to Lugano, it is included in the Bernina Express package, right? or need to make a separate reservation at raileurope.com.sg?
    http://www.raileurope. com.sg/rail-products/train-tickets/article/bernin a-express

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7115 posts
    6 April 2012 at 14:34:45 #835504

Hi Bill. The Swiss Flexi Pass only becomes valid from your first free travel day on, so there are no discounts available for day 1 and 2 in your schedule. At day 4, your trip will be discounted by 50% up to Wengen or Grindelwald, and by 25% between Wengen/Grindelwald and the Jungfraujoch. To validate your Swiss Flexi Pass, you have to write down the dates of your free travel days or get a stamp at a railway station. Lines to fill out these dates can also be seen in the example you sent along. Instructions on validation will be enclosed with your pass and the railway officials will also know what to do.

You don’t have to buy tickets for the Bernina Express ride if you use a free travel day. You only need separate seat reservations, and no such thing as tickets with a Swiss Flexi Pass option. You’ll need reservations for both legs, so also the leg from Tirano to Lugano. As far as I can see, such separate seat reservations can be made when filling out Singapore in the upper right corner of the seat reservation page and getting to the RailEurope website. Alternatively, you can book through the Bernina Express link mentioned at the seat reservation page when scrolling down.

I hope this helps you out! Best regards,

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 April 2012 at 15:52:53 #835505

Once again, many thanks Annika for your prompt response.

As for Swiss Flexi Pass, just to confirm my understanding, even if I buy the 4 days pass for the free train rides for Day 3, 5,7, and 9,

Questions:
    1. On Day 6, I could still get free public bus transportation at Lucern?
    2. On Day 10, even I’ve used up all the 4 days free travel dates, if I take a train from Lugano back to Geneva, I could still get 50% discount for the train ticket, right?
    3. As the free train rides are for Day 3,5,7 and 9, these are intercity trains, seat reservation are not required? I’ve the impression that the intercity trains are like domestic flights which the frequencies are limited, and seat reservation are required for the planes.

Many Thanks.

Annika
    7115 posts
    7 April 2012 at 1:42:38 #835506

You’re welcome Bill!

1. Urban transportation on day 6 will be discounted as it’s not a free travel day.
    2. No, the validity ends with your last free travel day. After that, no discounts are available. Did you check the explanation at the Swiss Flexi Pass page?
    3. Seat reservation is not required for regular trains. You do have to arrange for it if you want to travel in special panoramic trains, such as the Bernina Express (day 9) and maybe parts of the Golden Pass (day 3 and 5). This is also explained at the seat reservation page.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 April 2012 at 7:00:25 #835507

Many thanks Annika, I’m much clearer now. 🙂

• The thread ‘Getting Swiss Flexi Pass from RailEurope.com.sg’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10940 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.