How to go to Mt Pilatus from Waldstätterhof Luzern

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 May 2016 at 16:59:33 #809289

This is my first trip to Switzerland. I have one free day in Lucern. Staying in Walstatterhof hotel. How do I go to Mt Pilatus from the hotel? I read that it’s only 8km away from the hotel but how do i go about by rail and up to the mountain? Am interested to try the toboggan ride there.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    24 May 2016 at 17:58:41 #852384

Hi lkwlee, thanks for joining us!

Your hotel is very close to the Lucerne railway station. From there, you need to get to either

• Kriens, by bus. The exact bus stop is called “Kriens PB”. The cable car to Pilatus starts here; OR
    • Alpnachstad, by train or boat. Here you can board the cog train up to Pilatus.

A round trip using both the cog rail and the cable car is definitely recommended. It’s all described here. If you use the timetable and enter “Lucerne” as your departure station and “Pilatus Kulm” as your destination, it will show connections for both options. Clicking the “plus” item next to any connection allows you to see all details.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 May 2016 at 1:41:25 #852385

Hi Annika, Thanks so much for your helpful and detailed advise. Will check out the links you gave. Have a blessed day🌹

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 June 2016 at 15:23:20 #852386

Thanks to the wonderful staff at Walstatterhof hotel who gave clear directions, we found our way to Mt Pilatus. And we rode on the toboggans. We were early when we checked-in, so they kept our luggage for us. On the morning after we checked out, they directed us to Aeschbach Chocolate Factory. Again, they kept our luggage for us. So nice of them. When we were leaving the hotel, it was raining. The staff asked if we needed umbrellas. We had our raincoats but we were touched by their kind gestures.

These Walstatterhof staff deserve commendation. They are helpful, very informative and cheerful. We had a wonderful time and beautiful memories. Thanks ladies!!

Annika
    7104 posts
    6 June 2016 at 17:37:10 #852387

Great to hear you had such a good time at the Waldstätterhof. Thanks for posting that here!

• The thread ‘How to go to Mt Pilatus from Waldstätterhof Luzern’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.