Inexpensive itinerary suggestion – 3/4 nights

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 August 2016 at 13:23:15 #809826

Hello Friends,

Hope everyone is doing well and are in the best of their health !

I am reaching out to you for your suggestions on a short trip of Switzerland, i need to plan from 24th till 28th September, for 4 nights, involving less/moderate travel and appreciating scenic beauty.

We are based in Frankfurt and had visited Switzerland, for 7 days covering, Lauterbrunnen, Interlaken, Lucerne, Zurich and been to Mt Titlis and Mt Schilthorn last year Thus we are planning to go to a different area , at a place which we havent seen before , may be less touristy but equally visually appealing. since we will be travelling with a 2 year old baby , a moderate hike or a lake side valley or a waterfall will be an ideal spot for us, which is not very EXPENSIve please.

Can you please pour in some ideas, for regions , not in the list above, which may be covered in3 nights preferably closer to the germany border, ideal around end of september.

27th is my wife’s Birthday and I want to make it special 🙂 so …. requesting your inputs for the same !

Cheers

Saurabh

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    9 August 2016 at 10:42:49 #854903

Welcome back Saurabh,

The page myswissalps.com/ wheretogo is a good place to start exploring for options. Apart from the areas listed there, you might be interested in the lakes between Biel and Yverdon-les-Bains: http://www.juradreiseenland.c h. This is near the Jura mountain range. Another option is the Walensee region, or “Heidiland” in tourism terms: http://www.heidiland.com. How to plan, including tips on saving money, can be found here: myswissalps.com/ plantrip/doityourself.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    13 August 2016 at 1:42:11 #854904

The “Three Lakes Region” mentioned by Arno is a possibilty

A few pictures are attached.

Slowpoke.

• The thread ‘Inexpensive itinerary suggestion – 3/4 nights’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.