Need beautiful pictures of mountain regions

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 April 2016 at 17:02:14 #808935

Hello,

I have create a new website (http://www.mountaincabins.eu) about mountain huts in Europe which will replace my old site (hutten.be). A part of the new site is the “Photo of the Month”, where everyone can show his or her pictures competing for a place in the hall of fame. But since my site is still new, I have a shortage of nice pictures of mountains, mountain villages and mountain fauna and flora. Of course I have a lot of pictures of my old site, but these are dating from the era that you just could use small pictures for a website. Therefore, my appeal to you. Let your most beautiful mountain photo compete for Photo of the Month, just for fun and for the honor. Pictures of mountain huts are also welcome, because I’m still working hard to expand this site.

You can send your photos to [email protected].

With mountain greetings,

Joris

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    17 April 2016 at 23:12:56 #850872

Hi Joris-

File size? Bit depth? Format ( suffix *.jpg, *.tif, *.BMP, *.PNG…..)?

Thanks,

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 April 2016 at 6:33:10 #850873

@Slowpoke

Size is not that important although I try to keep a minimum of 854 x 480 pixels and a maximum of 1920 x 1080 pixels, but even larger is allowed. So don’t worry so much about the size. I do prefer to have the suffix .JPG or .PNG, but I have software to convert any size and format. I don’t want to make it too difficult for you, so just send me what you have as long the quality is good.

I already thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Joris

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    18 April 2016 at 7:10:11 #850874

Here are a couple of the Jungfrau area.

Not exactly on topic, because there are no SAC cabins visible.

However, neither one looks exactly like Belgium.

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 April 2016 at 7:44:11 #850875

@ slowpoke

Thank you for your beautiful pictures.

Greetings,

Joris

• The thread ‘Need beautiful pictures of mountain regions’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.