Seat reservation

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 February 2015 at 7:18:45 #806868

Hi, I have recently bought a rail pass via Rail Europe. While booking the seat reservations for Lucerne-Interlaken, I realized only limited timings were offered from e.g. 06:00 to 10:00. However, when I searched under SBB website, the full schedule is available from 06:00 to 20:00. Why is this so? I have read that SBB is included under the rail pass. Hope someone can advise. Thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    8 February 2015 at 10:03:34 #841710

Hi whaleywilly,

You don’t need to book seats, please see here for detailed information. I’m not sure why you didn’t see all trains. Did you try to book for more than 3 months ahead by any chance? While the schedules are available until mid December, booking seats can usually only be done a few months in advance. But you don’t need to book seats; simply board with your pass (assuming you have a Swiss Travel Pass).

Enjoy the ride!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 February 2015 at 14:12:51 #841711

Hi Annika,

Thanks for the prompt reply! Yes, I have the Swiss-Germany Rail Pass. In fact, I am travelling in 2 months time eg April and it is quite puzzling why I couldn’t see the later trains schedule from Lucerne to Interlaken. I have included a screenshot for your reference.

Thanks! .

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 February 2015 at 14:15:49 #841712

Sorry! Attached the wrong attachment.. Here you go.

Arno
    15482 posts
    9 February 2015 at 8:56:15 #841713

Hi whaleywilly,

Actually, I don’t see anything wrong with the timetable you attached. You can click the “Later” link to see more trains. Apart from that you’re looking at trains on January 8. If you fill out your exact travel date in April it should display the trains for that day.

Arno

• The thread ‘Seat reservation’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.