Swiss Half Fare Card with train from Bern to Milan

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 September 2016 at 2:40:11 #810049

Hi,

I plan to buy Swiss Half Fare Card for my travelling in Switzerland, then I plan to move to Italy by taking train from Bern to Milan. I checked SBB website for advanced train ticket.

Could you advise when I do purchasing can use benefit of Half fare card to get discount of train price? I saw there are reduction for Half fare travelcard, but not Swiss half fare card. Can I select it to get discount when I buy the ticket online?

Thank you for your time,

Big

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    7 September 2016 at 10:52:08 #855766

Hi Big, welcome to MySwissAlps!

Basically you just need to buy a ticket from the border (Domodossola) to Milan in advance through any of the websites listed here. Buy your discounted ticket from Bern to the border on the day itself. You don’t need to book that in advance.

On the SBB site, for Italy specifically, it should work to select the other half fare card (but this is a different product). The above method works for sure.

• The thread ‘Swiss Half Fare Card with train from Bern to Milan’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.