Extra travel days if you live in India, AU, NZ

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 September 2016 at 1:28:15 #856269

This is great news Arno. I like this kind of promotion than the 25 euros discount, for people who stay for 8 nights , the 8 day pass will work on day 9 , very handy and more helpful.

Arno
    15471 posts
    29 September 2016 at 9:31:09 #856270

I’m glad you like it! Are you planning another trip before June 30? In that case you can make use of this.

giftofgod
    Participant
    12 posts
    29 September 2016 at 10:28:02 #856271

Hi

Thanks for the information

This is a non refundable pass, i hope

Arno
    15471 posts
    29 September 2016 at 10:39:57 #856272

Hi giftofgod,

What do you mean by that? As far as I know the regular cancellation policies apply here, which is usually an 85% refund if you cancel the pass before using it.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 September 2016 at 10:49:55 #856273

I would like to know about the promotion of 8 days free 2 days is available for Thai people or not?

Arno
    15471 posts
    29 September 2016 at 11:48:01 #856274

Welcome to MySwissAlps Jinny!

No, this promotion is only for Indian residents. Swiss Travel Pass promotions for Thailand or any other country are always listed on myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpass/ promotions, but currently there are none.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 September 2016 at 0:35:57 #856275

Thank you Arno, unfortunately as per your posting it is only for travellers from India right ? I am a resident of USA, don’t think travellers from USA are eligible for this offer.

giftofgod
    Participant
    12 posts
    30 September 2016 at 4:15:14 #856276

Hi

I am sending an attachment for Cancellation policy, please check it.

Also i confirmed with railEurope.co.in, and they confirmed me that since it is promotional, pass cannot be cancelled, (no refund on cancellation)

I just wanted to inform here that anyone who purchases this pass should ask / clarify with the railEurope.co.in and be sure that tour plan should not be extended or cancelled

thanks

Arno
    15471 posts
    30 September 2016 at 7:04:19 #856277

Indeed Chandra, your passport country has to be India in order to take advantage of this.

Arno
    15471 posts
    30 September 2016 at 7:07:44 #856278

Yes, you are correct! In that case you can’t get a refund through RailEurope, but if you cancel because of illness for example, your travel insurance should be able to take care of it, if a cancellation policy is included.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 October 2016 at 14:19:20 #856279

Hi

1. Do we have to book Swiss Travel Pass in advance and only from Rail Europe only to avail this additional 1 or 2 day promotion?

I am Indian passport holder however plan to travel from UK during Oct 3rd week (20th Oct), can I get this promotion ?

2. In general can we buy Swiss travel pass on any Swiss airport up-on arrival ?

Thanks for info

Regards,

Piyush

Arno
    15471 posts
    1 October 2016 at 14:39:25 #856280

Hi Piyush,

1. This promotion is only available through http://www.raileurope.co.in/p ass/swiss-travel-pass-82, and you need to have a billing and shipping address in India. Normally Swiss Travel Passes can be printed at home, but the promo passes seem to require physical delivery.

2. Yes, you can, as long as the ticket counter is open when you get there. I wouldn’t recommend that though, as it takes more time. You’d better get straight to your train. You can print your pass at home and skip the ticket office: please visit http://www.swissrailways.com/ en or http://www.swisstravelsystem. co.uk (the UK site). After filling out your address, they will show the delivery options. Pick “Online Ticket” from the bottom of the list. They will e-mail the pass (no delivery fees) within 1 to 3 business days.

giftofgod
    Participant
    12 posts
    2 October 2016 at 5:00:27 #856281

hi

The best way to get all answer with this promotion is to visit the site raileurope.co.in , a chat messenger is there, click it and ask your queries, a live agent will reply all your queries.

I have also observed that sometime the Chat messenger takes much longer time to appear on the screen. So wait till it appears. some times 2-3 hrs (i do not know why this happens)

Or click on contact us (located on the top center of the site and email all your queries, they reply within 48 hrs.

Remember they have not provided any phone nos, so no way of calling them, they have their office in Mumbai, but they do not entertain anyone in their office. Everything done is online and only online.

thanks

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 October 2016 at 7:29:16 #856282

Hi Arno,

Thanks for the info. Any way I won’t be able to make use of it as Im in Swiss only for 04 days , but it would be gr8 if you provide some input on the raileurope.co.in.

I have planned my journey from Lon -paris and then lucerne.

I find the tkts for Lon Paris as Rs 9000/approx and Paris to lucerne Rs 8500/aprox.

When i enquired with my travel agent ,,he quote’s the amount as 197 Euros for lon paris whis is aprox

Rs 15366/.

Can i go ahead with the raileurope.co.in

If I buy a Swiss pass can I travel from Basel to Lucerene without paying any extra costs ?

you suggessions please.

Arno
    15471 posts
    2 October 2016 at 12:53:57 #856283

Welcome to MySwissAlps, jagdishmn,

Sure, you can buy those tickets from RailEurope or various other retailers too. You don’t need a travel agent to buy tickets or passes. Please see:

The Swiss Travel Pass (not Swiss Pass, that’s for Swiss residents only) indeed includes Basel to Lucerne as well, so in that case you only need a ticket from Paris to Basel.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 October 2016 at 16:34:17 #856284

Thanks Arno.

It’s Swiss travel pass as you have mentioned . Are the charges different for 2,3,5 or 6 passengers at the time of booking ?. We are three to travel .

I do need some information about tour packages ,, which i would post in other forum.

Arno
    15471 posts
    2 October 2016 at 19:54:33 #856285

I’m not sure I understand your question, but you can find fares for any number of passengers through the provided links. Booking early is usually cheaper.

Arno
    15471 posts
    4 October 2016 at 9:01:39 #856286

Update: this promotion is now available in New Zealand as well. I updated my original post.

http://www.raileurope.co.nz/ pass/swiss-travel-pass-82

Arno
    15471 posts
    8 October 2016 at 16:17:41 #856287

Now available in Australia too!

http://www.raileurope.com.au/ pass/swiss-pass-7314

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 October 2016 at 7:40:36 #856288

Hi all.

I am astounded at what a wonderful site this is! So informative and helpful.Thank you This is my first post.

Would the Swiss pass be worth our while considering the train travel we will be doing? I think so but you are the one to ask! Which Swiss pass days would be best as there are some promotions on in Australia at the moment

• I am travelling with my son to Switzerland from 12 – 18th December. 7 days total.The following plans are not set in stone as there is so much to see in Switzerland!Quite Happy if you can suggest a better route but have flexible reservations on hotels at moment. I have become a little overwhelmed with it all and seriously need some help.
    • Initial plans are:Dec 12 Arrive Zurich -train to Lucerne and catch the Golden pass line same day to either Interlaken (stay one night ) or straight through to Montreaux and stay (2 nights as want to see Xmas markets! ) Thought Perhaps train back to Interlaken one of the days to go up to the Jungfrau? What doyou think is best? Not sure whether to do both interlaken and Montreaux as overnighters or just stay 2 nights in Montreaux as it looks such a beautful place with more to do?
    • From Montreaux catch train (which?) to Zermatt (stay one night )
    • Depart Zermatt on Glacier express on 15th December to St Moritz Stayin St moritz
    • Are winter tickets now out to buy Glacier Express.
    • Then what would be the best way to get back to Zurich as I fly out to Paris on 18th I have not booked a flight out of Switzerland yet so it does not have to be Zurich if there are easier or more beautiful ways to leave this lovely place.
    • look forward to your replies. Thank you
Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • The thread ‘Extra travel days if you live in India, AU, NZ’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.