FAQ on Swiss rail passes - Category: Choosing the right pass
What Swiss rail pass is best for my Swiss travel plans?
This depends on several factors. Take into account how long you will stay in Switzerland, in what region(s) you want to travel, whether you want to make short or long trips, and so on.
You can find the costs of your travel plans plans through the online timetable. This way, you can calculate what pass is most economical.
In many cases, a Swiss Pass is a good option.
Generally, the following applies:
- if you want to travel a lot on many days: Swiss Pass;
- if you want to make long journeys on some days: Swiss Flexi Pass;
- if you want to travel from the Swiss border or an airport to your resort and back, and if you won’t be travelling a lot during your stay: Swiss Transfer Ticket;
- if you want to travel from the Swiss border or an airport to your resort and back, and if you want to make some trips during your stay: Swiss Card;
- if you want to make some longer and shorter trips during your stay: Swiss Half Fare Card.
If you want personal advice, please feel free to post your question in our forum.
Overview of Swiss rail passes