About the Swiss Card
Learn all about the Swiss Card here! Here's a brief summary to start with:
- A free trip from any Swiss airport or border station to any Swiss town and back;
- Further tickets for trains, buses, boats, city transport and mountain transport are discounted by 50%;
- The Swiss Card is valid for up to one month;
- The Swiss Card is available for 1st or 2nd class traveling;
- Children travel along for free.
The Swiss Card is your pass of choice if:
- you have planned to make two longer trips during your stay: from your entry point to a Swiss town and back;
- you will not make many other trips during your stay or if your other trips are short.
The Swiss Card will be discontinued as of January 1, 2015. Swiss Cards purchased in 2014 will remain valid until 31 March 2015. If you purchased a Swiss Card for traveling from 1 April 2015, your pass reseller will offer you an alternative pass.
Check which resellers offer promotions or discounts.
HOW TO USE
Learn how to use the Swiss Card once you're in Switzerland.
Even more information and tips about the Swiss Card.
How to choose the best rail pass, where to buy one, about seat reservations and much more.
Is something not clear yet? Just post your questions to the Swiss rail forum and get a quick answer.