Swiss Flexi Pass
The Swiss Flexi Pass is suitable for people who want unlimited travelling on a couple of days, and who travel less or not at all on other days. Within one month, you may choose a number of days for unlimited travel by train, bus and boat throughout Switzerland. The Swiss Flexi Pass is valid until the last day of free travelling, which can be up to one month after the first day of free travelling. On days in between, you can travel for half the fare. You are also entitled to receive a discount on many gondolas, funiculars and mountain trains. The Swiss Flexi Pass is very convenient in case you stay in several resorts during your holidays. It is no problem if you have not planned your route in advance, as the pass is valid in the whole of Switzerland. The Swiss Flexi Pass is valid for nearly all trains, including special trains such as the Glacier Express, Bernina Express, Heidi Express and Mont Blanc Express. The same applies to bus services: the Swiss Pass is valid for about all buses, but on some special routes, a surcharge (Alpine Ticket) or a seat reservation is required. The Swiss Flexi Pass clearly offers ease of use: you don't need to go to a ticket office on your days of unlimited travel. Just activate your pass and get on board right away! A Swiss Flexi Pass with a 15% discount can be purchased if you travel with two or more people. This is the Swiss Saver Flexi Pass.
Swiss Flexi Pass features
- free travelling for 3, 4, 5 or 6 days within a period of up to one month. These days do not need to be consecutive. The validity of the Swiss Flexi Pass starts at the first day of free travelling and ends after the last day of free travelling.
Overview of the network on which the Swiss Flexi Pass is valid © SBB;
- on these days, unlimited travelling by train, bus and boat applies;
- on these days, unlimited travelling by public transportation in 75 cities applies;
- on the remaining days, a 50% discount applies on train, bus and boat tickets;
- on all days, a discount of 50% on most gondolas, funiculars and mountain trains across Switzerland.
- Wengen/Grindelwald - Kleine Scheidegg - Jungfraujoch: 25% discount;
- free entrance into 470 museums on the 3, 4, 5 or 6 free travel days. Please review Swiss Museum Pass for an overview;
- various discounts on guided city tours in Basel, Bern, Geneva, Lausanne, Lucerne, Schaffhausen and Zürich;
- various discounts at several hotel chains, including Swiss Premium Hotels, Swiss Backpackers and Minotel;
- also valid on several lines in surrounding countries: Basel - EuroAirport (France), Martigny - Chamonix Mont Blanc (France), Brig - Domodossola (Italy) - Locarno via the Centovalli railway, Lugano - Chiavenna (Italy) - St. Moritz, Lugano - Tirano (Italy), Zernez - Malles (Italy), Buchs/Sargans - Liechtenstein - Feldkirch (Austria);
- with the STS Family Card, children, stepchildren and foster children from 6 up to and including 15 years old travel for free if accompanied by at least one of their parents. The STS Family Card can be supplied with your order for free;
- a 50% discount applies on Swiss Flexi Passes for children from 6 up to and including 15 years old who are not accompanied by either of their parents;
- children up to and including 5 years old (family and non-family) travel for free if accompanied by an adult, unless you want to reserve seats for them in special trains, such as the Glacier Express. This applies to a maximum of 4 children per adult;
- a 15% discount applies when purchasing a Swiss Flexi Pass for 2 or more people: Swiss Saver Flexi Pass.
Not included in the Swiss Flexi Pass
Please note that services not listed above are not necessarily included in the pass. If you need any services that are not included in the Swiss Flexi Pass, please review the alternative rail passes.
Variants of the Swiss Flexi Pass
The Swiss Saver Flexi Pass can be used by two or more people travelling together. A 15% discount applies on the regular Swiss Flexi Pass prices. Other than this, the Swiss Saver Flexi Pass offers the same features as the Swiss Flexi Pass. Please note that this is a single ticket for two or more people, so you need to travel together all the time. It is allowed though, to use the pass with only part of your group while the rest does not travel.
Is the Swiss Flexi Pass not exactly what you are looking for? The following rail passes might fit your needs:
How to purchase a Swiss Flexi Pass
- Prices and purchase options for the Swiss Flexi Pass can be found in the upper right corner of this page;
- The Swiss Flexi Pass can not be purchased by residents of Switzerland and Liechtenstein;
- When you purchase a Swiss Pass, you need to posses the passport or identity document that you will take along while travelling. A separate passport photo is not required.
More about the Swiss Flexi Pass
Where to buy your Swiss Flexi Pass