4 days in Lucerne for Jungfrau and Titlis trips

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 March 2018 at 10:35:36 #878449

Hi 1960man,

Think the lucerne -ballizonna-venice would fit my plan. Is it what you are refering to ?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 March 2018 at 0:51:17 #878450

Yes. Luzern – Bellinzona – Venezia is my suggestion, as follows:

Luzern 08.39 to Arth Goldau arrive 09.11 train 2569

or

Luzern 09.18 to Arth Goldau arrive 09.46 (train IC665)

Take train EC15 (Zürich – Bellinzona – Venezia), which departs from Arth Goldau at 09.50

The problem at Arth Goldau is that Swiss Railways think you only need 4 minutes to swap trains, even with luggage – which of course is not always that easy if you are an occasional visitor to Switzerland. Therefore, I recommend the first train (2569) from Luzern as it takes the scenic route along the north side of Lake Luzern

At Luzern, you will see direct trains to Bellinzona, but I recommend getting onto the direct Venice trains as far north as possible hence my idea of changing at Arth Goldau.

If you follow my suggestion you will see scenery as follows:

on train 2569: lake Luzern and Mt Rigi views between Luzern and Kussnacht am Rigi (on the right hand side of the train); Lake Zug on the left hand side Immensee – Arth Goldau

on train EC15: Between Arth Goldau and Lake Lauerz (right hand side) , farmland and mountain views ; between Brunnen and Fluelen (right hand side) Lake Luzern (Urnersee) and mountain views; between Biasca and just beyond Bellizona (Monte Ceneri) mountain and brief lake views; between Lugano and Mendrisio – Lake Lugano views

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 March 2018 at 15:53:33 #878451

Hi 1960man ,

Many thanks for you detailed train routes and in-depth description of the lake ,mountain and farm views on the journey , for you have even suggested the view side. once again thank you for choosing the safest link train .

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • The thread ‘4 days in Lucerne for Jungfrau and Titlis trips’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.