1 day at Zermatt - tour with skiing?

1 day at Zermatt - tour with skiing?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
timark39
timark39
6 posts
Oct 5, 2017 - 7:53 AM

Hi,

I am travelling on a tight schedule, would like to check if its possible to do a Matterhorn tour which includes 2 hrs skiing session. Must I pre-book the sessions, is it possible for me to just book on that day.

Can also advise what is a good time to be up in the Matterhorn.

I am planning to stay in a hotel . Any recommendation?

Thanks.

Lucas
Lucas
5543 posts
expert &
Oct 5, 2017 - 3:59 PM in reply to timark39

Hi Timark39,

I don't have details on this site about a Zermatt tour that includes skiing. You can't go on the Matterhorn itself to ski or hike though. You can visit or hike on nearby peaks for the best views. This includes Gornergrat and Klein Matterhorn/Glacier Paradise.

There are some options for ski instructors, ski mentors and mountain guides that are available from Zermatt.ch and more details about skiing in Zermatt are noted here.

For things to do and where to stay in Zermatt we have recommendations listed here.

I would definitely think pre-booking a tour is your best bet, as well as and instructors/guides you want. You could luck out on the day of if you are there early enough but I can't be sure on that.

Lucas

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018