1 day at Zermatt – tour with skiing?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 October 2017 at 7:53:44 #813439

Hi,

I am travelling on a tight schedule, would like to check if its possible to do a Matterhorn tour which includes 2 hrs skiing session. Must I pre-book the sessions, is it possible for me to just book on that day.

Can also advise what is a good time to be up in the Matterhorn.

I am planning to stay in a hotel . Any recommendation?

Thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 October 2017 at 15:59:36 #870635

Hi Timark39,

I don’t have details on this site about a Zermatt tour that includes skiing. You can’t go on the Matterhorn itself to ski or hike though. You can visit or hike on nearby peaks for the best views. This includes Gornergrat and Klein Matterhorn/Glacier Paradise.

There are some options for ski instructors, ski mentors and mountain guides that are available from Zermatt.ch and more details about skiing in Zermatt are noted here.

For things to do and where to stay in Zermatt we have recommendations listed here.

I would definitely think pre-booking a tour is your best bet, as well as and instructors/guides you want. You could luck out on the day of if you are there early enough but I can’t be sure on that.

Lucas

• The thread ‘1 day at Zermatt – tour with skiing?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.