Mountain trips from Interlaken – Swiss Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 June 2018 at 7:53:04 #816379

Hi

I have only 1 night /1 day in interlaken . Can I visit Harder Kulm , Grindelwald, Wengen and Jungfrau in one day stopping off at each station on my way up to Jungfrau. I have a Swiss pass therefore no need to buy tickets I think.

Any feedback would be great .

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 June 2018 at 9:24:23 #887059

Hi John,

Yes you can do that – though I suppose it depends on how long you spend at each town. Use the timetable here to plan it out: https://www.myswissalp s.com/timetable

You do have to buy a ticket to Jungfraujoch once you are in Wengen or Grindelwald. The Swiss Travel Pass (not Swiss Pass) gets you 25% off that ticket price. Tickets to Harder Kulm are 50% off with the Swiss Travel Pass so another ticket is needed there as well.

Please see myswissalp s.com/swisstravelpass/ validity and myswissalps.com/jungfr aujoch/tickets.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 June 2018 at 23:58:19 #887060

Thank you Lucas,

But I really have no idea which the best route. Firstly not sure how to get to Harder Kulm.

This is my plan ,please advice if this is ok.

on the way up :Interlaken Ost – Grindelwald – Klien Scheidegg – Jungfrau

Return : Jungfrau – Klien Scheidegg – Lauterbrunnen back to Wengen then catch cable car to Grindelwald via Mannlivhen – Interlaken Ost

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 June 2018 at 5:12:41 #887061

There are two options only to get to Jungfraujoch (via Wengen or via Grindelwald). Your plan incorporates both which is the popular option. The timetable will show you all options available to you.

Read about getting to Jungfraujoch here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/jungfraujoch/get tingthere

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 June 2018 at 22:22:56 #887062

Hi Lucas

just another question, I’m planning to do the first leg of the Gotthard express (boat Luzern to Fluenen return )can I book this online with my Swiss Travel Flexi Pass.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 June 2018 at 2:08:31 #887063

Hi John,

>> I’m planning to do the first leg of the Gotthard express (boat Luzern to Fluenen return )can I book this online with my Swiss Travel Flexi Pass.

You can’t reserve seats on the boat, so just complete your Swiss Travel Pass Flex to use a travel day, and board the boat with your pass.

The number of boats per day varies with the seasons, and I don’t see any information about when you are travelling. During the summer season (26 May to 9 September 2018), there are up to 8 services per day from Luzern to Flüelen, some of which are by steamship (shown as BAV in the Swiss Timetable).

The 11:12 service is the one used by people on the Gotthard Panorama Express trip, so you might prefer to take one of the other services instead.

Second-class passengers don’t have access to the upper deck.

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 June 2018 at 2:39:31 #887064

Hi Alpenrose

Can I upgrade the boat trip to first class using the Swiss Travel Pass Flex (at a extra cost) , if so any idea how much .

Thank you

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 June 2018 at 11:36:49 #887065

Hi John,

Yes, you can always upgrade when available on boat or train etc.

Cost is 1/2 the price difference between 1st and 2nd class ticket for that route.
    The timetable link can give you the prices

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 June 2018 at 12:19:29 #887066

Thank you all very much for the helpful information ,looking forward to visiting Switzerland

• The thread ‘Mountain trips from Interlaken – Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.