1 day in Zurich (Sunday) - what to do?

1 day in Zurich (Sunday) - what to do?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Uallin
Uallin
84 posts
Jan 28, 2018 - 3:14 AM

We'll arrive Zurich abt 10am and since we only have 1 Day there, wonder if anyone can suggest a good itinerary to cover the main sights in a day. We'll stay at Leoneck Swiss Hotel and be there on a Sunday. We only wish to see the city's sights, beautiful night views and perhaps dinner along River Limmat if there's any recommendation. Thank you.

Lucas
Lucas
5555 posts
expert &
Jan 28, 2018 - 9:25 AM in reply to Uallin

Hi Uallin,

We have some activities that you can do in Zurich listed here. Also we have a page on a self-guided walking tour of Zurich here.

Sundays, the stores will all be closed except what is in the train station and a few cafes/restaurants.

For views over Zurich I'd head to the park at Lindenhof overlooking the Limmat and up to Zurich ETH University which you can reach by funicular a short walk from your hotel.

I haven't eaten at any restaurants along the river; but the restaurant at the Hotel Storchen is on a list of mine.

A couple options not on the river that I've enjoyed: Zueghauskeller, Volkshaus, Swiss Chuchi & Frau Gerolds.

Last modified on Jan 31, 2018 - 3:37 PM by Arno
Uallin
Uallin
84 posts
Jan 31, 2018 - 1:18 AM in reply to Lucas

Thanks again, Lucas.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018