1 day trip to zurich and rhine from interlaken

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 January 2017 at 16:30:31 #810607

Hi all, we are a family of 13 adult (6 in age group of 55-60 rest all young) and 2 children and planning to visit switzerland in june 2017. I m preparing a detailed itinery for the same. With stay at interlaken (it was a family decision to stay only at interlaken for 9 days). In this post i want your suggestions only on one day itinery i.e. Interlaken to zurich and rhine falls.

is it practical to do zurich and rhine falls in a single day?

we have not seen big waterfalls before and hence look forward to see the rhine falls.

what all places should we see in zurich?

we also might get a chance to see zurich on our last day as our flight is in evening. But we will have luggage and we want to keep the last day simple.

your suggestions would be highly appreciated.

dharmesh

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 January 2017 at 17:10:21 #858173

Hi again Dharmesh5!

I think we answered your questions on the Rhine Falls at your previous post?

I think it would be hard to see much of Zurich in the same day you want to go to the Rheinefall and coming from Interlaken that day.

Its about 3 hours from Interlaken Ost to Neuhausen Rheinfall (train station for Rheinfall and then close to an hour to Zurich. So it depends on what you want to see and do in Zurich. Take a look at timetables here for you particular day

You can store your bags in lockers at Zurich main train station. If you happen to by flying with Swiss Airlines you can check in and drop your bags at Zurich train station for your flight as well (not all Swiss Airlines flights however).

I hope this helps,
    Lucas

• The thread ‘1 day trip to zurich and rhine from interlaken’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.