Break Swiss train journey: 1 or 2 tickets to buy?

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Edsrepair2
Edsrepair2
5 posts
May 15, 2018 - 3:20 PM

I am traveling from Interlaken to Zurich and want to have a 2 hour stop in Lucern. I don't understand the Swiss timetable online booking for doing it on one ticket. Must I buy two tickets?

Thanks,

Ken

Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
May 15, 2018 - 4:22 PM in reply to Edsrepair2

Hi Ken,

You can just buy one ticket. On the timetable you fill in Interlaken to Zurich via Lucerne.

Edsrepair2
Edsrepair2
5 posts
May 16, 2018 - 2:16 AM

Is it not a problem if the ticket specifies a Lucern to Zurich train that has already left the Lucern station?

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
May 16, 2018 - 2:21 AM in reply to Edsrepair2

Hi Ken,

>> Is it not a problem if the ticket specifies a Lucern to Zurich train that has already left the Lucern station?

If you are buying a standard ticket (not a Supersaver ticket), it will not be for a particular departure (regardless of what connection you choose during the ticket-purchase process). The ticket will be valid for any train on that route for the whole day.

For the purposes of getting a suitable set of connections (but irrelevant for ticket purchase), you can use advanced search to enter 2 hours as your stopover time when you put via Luzern into your timetable search.

Alpenrose

Last modified on May 21, 2018 - 7:05 PM by Arno

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019