Break Swiss train journey: 1 or 2 tickets to buy?

Break Swiss train journey: 1 or 2 tickets to buy?

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Edsrepair2
Edsrepair2
5 posts
May 15, 2018 - 3:20 PM

I am traveling from Interlaken to Zurich and want to have a 2 hour stop in Lucern. I don't understand the Swiss timetable online booking for doing it on one ticket. Must I buy two tickets?

Thanks,

Ken

Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
May 15, 2018 - 4:22 PM in reply to Edsrepair2

Hi Ken,

You can just buy one ticket. On the timetable you fill in Interlaken to Zurich via Lucerne.

Edsrepair2
Edsrepair2
5 posts
May 16, 2018 - 2:16 AM

Is it not a problem if the ticket specifies a Lucern to Zurich train that has already left the Lucern station?

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
May 16, 2018 - 2:21 AM in reply to Edsrepair2

Hi Ken,

>> Is it not a problem if the ticket specifies a Lucern to Zurich train that has already left the Lucern station?

If you are buying a standard ticket (not a Supersaver ticket), it will not be for a particular departure (regardless of what connection you choose during the ticket-purchase process). The ticket will be valid for any train on that route for the whole day.

For the purposes of getting a suitable set of connections (but irrelevant for ticket purchase), you can use advanced search to enter 2 hours as your stopover time when you put via Luzern into your timetable search.

Alpenrose

Last modified on May 21, 2018 - 7:05 PM by Arno

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018