1 week Swiss trip – June 11th onwards

• BeingHuman
    Participant
    4 posts
    8 May 2018 at 17:23:09 #815833

We would be visiting Switzerland for a week, 11th June on wards. This will be our 2nd time visiting the beautiful country, so want to focus on only two places – Zermatt and Bernese Oberland (both of which we absolutely loved last time around). We have a 4 yr old with us and want to take it easy with lots of nature, relaxation and rejuvenation.

1. I understand from the forum that its early summer, but would it be too cold in these areas for easy hikes, picnics etc during day time?

2. If we could, would you suggest pushing the trip by a month – just for weather reasons?

3. Should we split the one week between these 2 places (2 accommodations)? or just stay put in one and do a day trip to the other? Which one would u suggest?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 May 2018 at 19:50:15 #884631

Hi BeingHuman, and welcome to MySwissAlps,

1. It will not be too cold for picnics and the lower hikes are accessible.
    2. I’m doing the picnics and easy hikes as we speak. Of course I can’t promise that the weather will be as good as it is currently.
    3. I would split it, but I wouldn’t stay one week in Zermatt. Have you considered a few nights in Lucerne?
    BeingHuman
    Participant
    4 posts
    9 May 2018 at 15:09:44 #884632

Thanks for the warm welcome Chantal!

I have been to Laussane, Lucerne, Zurich and Geneva already … so sticking around to the towns we liked the most.

– We havent seen Bern although, would you recommend a day trip?

– Also, where would be the best place to stay in Bernese Oberland w.r.t. amazing views and great connectivity

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 May 2018 at 15:27:08 #884633

Hi BeingHuman,

I would try a day trip to Bern yes – lovely city.

As for the Bernese Oberland. I would look to Lauterbrunnen or Grindelwald – great views and still pretty good train connections.

BeingHuman
    Participant
    4 posts
    9 May 2018 at 15:34:56 #884634

Thanks Lucas!

So Bern is in. And lastly regarding breaking up the period of one week (roughly 6 full days); would you guys suggest I split up as in 4/5 night in Bernese Oberland and 3/2 nights in Zermatt or just a day trip to Zermatt would suffice?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 May 2018 at 15:37:42 #884635

I liked Zermatt quite a bit – worth I think 2 nights. One for some hiking if your interested and at least a 1/2 day for Gornergrat or Klein Matterhorn.

See what to do in Zermatt here.

BeingHuman
    Participant
    4 posts
    9 May 2018 at 15:40:36 #884636

Got it, thanks so much for all the help

• The thread ‘1 week Swiss trip – June 11th onwards’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10940 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.