10 days in Jungfrau region – rail pass

• erica
    Participant
    2 posts
    6 April 2018 at 2:55:38 #815160

Hello all…I will be 25 days in switzerland. The final 10 days will be in the jungfrau region. I am staying in Lauterbrunnen and Grindelwald. I was leaning towards a 15 day STP and a 10 day Bernese Oberland pass for the final 10 days. The problem is that I am traveling to Zurich airport on the last day. The Bernese pass covers my trip to the airport only as far as Lucerne. Will I have to buy a separate ticket for the final segment of Lucerne to Zurich airport? Or will I be allowed to travel through since I am exiting the country. There is no 10 day STP, that is what is complicating my travel. Thanks in advance for your help….Erica

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    6 April 2018 at 3:05:10 #881106

Hi Erica and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

Or will I be allowed to travel through since I am exiting the country.

Nice try but I’m afraid not.

If you go back to Zurich via Bern (you can get there on the BO Pass) a full-fare ticket Bern to Zurich Airport with no changes costs CHF56.

erica
    Participant
    2 posts
    6 April 2018 at 3:40:52 #881107

Thanks for the quick reply. Your advice will allow me to squeeze the most out of the Bernese pass and avoid any further expense. Thanks once more. Erica

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    6 April 2018 at 5:51:13 #881108

Actually Erica it is cheaper for you to go to Luzern rather than Bern. The full-fare ticket from there to Zurich Airport is only CHF30! If you have already been between Luzern and Interlaken via Meiringen try going via Thun and Langnau for a bit off down home rural Emmenthal scenery.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 April 2018 at 15:42:58 #881109

Can confirm via Luzern is best and most convenient since we just did this route last October after staying 8 days in Wilderswil. The Bernese Oberland Region Pass had a lot of extras that we took full advantage of! We took off early on the last day of the pass to take advantage of the free ride to Lucerne and then we could spend a few hours walking around Lucerne and then taking a quick ride too Zurich for an overnight stay before flying home.

• The thread ‘10 days in Jungfrau region – rail pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.