10 days trip – Zermatt, Interlaken, Lucerne in May

• manishsaluja
    Participant
    5 posts
    1 April 2022 at 8:04:39 #826761

Hi All,

I am planning a family trip to my favourite country Switzerland in May 2022. My travel dates are from 10th May onwards for 10 days.

I wanted to visit Zermatt, Lucerne and Interlaken. However reading posts in the forum made me realise that a lot of things are generally closed during this period 🙁

I am not a hiking person, so I don’t mind missing the trails. However I have read that cable ways/ funiculars are also closed. Is it that most of the cable ways are closed or only a few? From where can I know which cable ways are closed and which places I would miss?

I wish to visit the following places :

Places in Zermatt – Gornergrat , Klein Matterhorn Glacier Paradise, Sunnegga-Rothorn.

Places in Lucerne – Mt Rigi, Rhine Falls, Titlis, Pilatus.

Places in Interlaken – jungfraujoch, Lauterbrunnen,

Will the above places be open in May ? Or should I shift my plan to June?

Cheers,

Manish !

• The thread ‘10 days trip – Zermatt, Interlaken, Lucerne in May’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.