10 nights Switzerland itinerary help - early May

10 nights Switzerland itinerary help - early May

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
rakesh0908
rakesh0908
10 posts
Feb 16, 2018 - 9:49 AM

Hi Lucas & rock oyster,

I am travelling Switzerland 1st time with my wife & daughter. My tickets are already booked. Would reach Zurich on 3rd May and return back India on 13th May morning flight.

I have also booked an apartment in Lucerne from 3rd to 7th May. (4 nights). Net destinations still need to plan. Maybe Interlaken, Zermatt and other places of attraction.

Request you to help me with the iteniery. How can I utilise 4 nights in Lucerne with other top attractions.

We would be travelling via pubic transportation ie train, bus etc. May be we can go for 8 or 10 day travel pass.

Also we are looking to stay in apartments with kitchen so that we can cook for ourselves.

please help.

Thanx & regards,

Lucas
Lucas
5490 posts
expert &
Feb 16, 2018 - 2:58 PM in reply to rakesh0908

Hi Rakesh,

We have Lucerne's top attractions noted on our Lucerne page here, and hotels here. For apartments and chalets look here.

The best rail pass will depend on where you decide to go. If you stay in the Lucerne area only look at the Tell Pass. For a bigger area than just around Luzern (for trips to and around Jungfraujoch as well as some areas around Lucerne) look at the Regional Pass - Bernese Oberland (though it isn't as good around the Lucerne area as the Tell Pass).

If you want a pass that covers basically all of Switzerland look at the Swiss Travel Pass. Your best bet, especially if you go over to Zermatt etc.
In order to choose the best pass you need to plan out all your trips and do the math to compare passes and tickets. Our page on how to choose the best rail pass will help.

Last modified on Feb 16, 2018 - 2:59 PM by Lucas

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018