11 night Swiss tour suggestions request

• Ari
    Participant
    29 posts
    14 May 2018 at 19:27:57 #815966

I m visiting Switzerland from 16-27 June here is my proposed itenary and activities planned

Day-1 arrive in Zurich in morning 6.30, take a train to St.moritz(pls suggest how to catch the train ) after arriving in st.moritz check in at hotel and do some rest.and local town visit

Day -2 Board the Glacier Express from St.moritz to Zermatt,after checking in at hotel in Zermatt please suggest some activities which can be done at Zermatt.

Day -3 Visit to Matterhorn paradise. pls suggest some activities in evening. o/n Zermatt

Day 4- plan to visit gornergrat and then proceed to Interlaken. Pls suggest some activities on evening

Day 5 and 6 are one day for jumfau and glacier 3000 visits with suggestions for activities in evening

Day 7-9(3 night stay) is in Lucerne with a day planned for my titlis , Lucerne cruise and local city tour whatelse can be done on these three day can I plan a short trip of Been or Montreux

Day 10-11 at Zurich with Rhine fall tour and city tour pls suggest some activities at Zurich also

My hotels are almost blocked according to above ,not booked may change if required.

I using a 15 Swiss travel pass and first timer to the beautiful country of Switzerland.

Mo

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 May 2018 at 7:52:02 #885183

Hello Ari,

1. Use the Swiss railways timetable: http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable.
    2. Visit our Zermatt webpage: http://www.myswissalps.com/ze rmatt/activities.
    3. I would go for a nice meal and walk around the village. Not sure what you are looking for.
    4. Have a look at our Interlaken webpage: http://www.myswissalps.com/in terlaken/activities.
    5. A boat trip? http://www.myswissalps.com/bo atlakethun.
    6. Bern is doable. Montreux would be a long trip, unless you take the fastest route which is by default given by the timetable. You could also take the Golden Pass line to Montreux. Add Zweisimmen in the via box to make sure you’re following the Golden Pass line.
    7. Please visit: http://www.myswissalps.com/zu rich/activities.

The 15 day Swiss Travel Pass sounds like a good plan. For more suggestions you could also use the search box at the top of this page.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 May 2018 at 1:51:35 #885184

Hi Ari,

>> Day-1 arrive in Zurich in morning 6.30, take a train to St.moritz(pls suggest how to catch the train )

Are you arriving at Zürich Airport? The airport railway station is well signposted from the arrivals area.

As suggested by Chantal, use the Swiss Timetable to plan your trip from Zürich Flughafen (airport station) to St Moritz. It will give you the platform number from which your train will depart, and detail where you will need to change trains along the way – again, including platform numbers.

If you are able to make the 7:43 departure from the airport, you could take the route to St Moritz via Landquart, which travels through some very pretty scenery. Taking this route means you won’t duplicate the sector Chur-St Moritz, which you will later be doing on the Glacier Express.

If you don’t make the 7:43 departure, the next one that follows that particular route doesn’t leave until 9:47, and you probably don’t want to hang around that long. There are more frequent departures that go via Chur instead.

Alpenrose

Ari
    Participant
    29 posts
    16 May 2018 at 9:33:46 #885185

On day 4 is it possible to have Montrex Done when i go from Zermatt to Interlaken, also suggest how much time needed for doing an excurtion to Harder Kulm from Interlaken.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 May 2018 at 17:53:54 #885186

It would be a longer day if you are visiting Gornergrat then traveling to Interlaken with a stop in Montreux – but possible if you want to. Use the timetable to plan the trip and see if it works for you.

The timetable will tell you how long it takes to get to Harder Kulm and back – usually I’d say 1.5 – 2 hours at the top for most people.

Ari
    Participant
    29 posts
    16 May 2018 at 21:01:23 #885187

Will it be worth dropping gornergrat and including Montreux…

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 May 2018 at 0:44:39 #885188

For some people. 🙂 I’d choose the Gornergrat and seeing the Matterhorn over a visit to Montreux – but that is just my personal preference.

• The thread ‘11 night Swiss tour suggestions request’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.