11 nights in Switzerland, which train pass to buy?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 June 2017 at 9:34:10 #812095

Spending 2 nights each in

Lauterbrunen,Murren,Wengen, Grindelwald, Zermatt and Alpenzell

Starting and ending journey from Zürich .

Which is the most suitable Travel pass?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    3 June 2017 at 9:36:55 #864376

Hi Praveenlk,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! You seem to travel a lot so the 15-day Swiss Travel Pass could make sense. To be sure however, all details of your trip matter, including day trips (cable cars, boat trips, etc.) and museum visits. Please see here for how to pick the best pass.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 June 2017 at 12:03:22 #864377

Hi Arno,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I will be doing excursions by cable car to points from the mentioned places.

Debating between the 15 day pass and the 50% discount one..

Thanks

Praveen

Arno
    15471 posts
    3 June 2017 at 20:00:06 #864378

Hi Praveen,

Yes, doing the math will reveal whether the Swiss Travel Pass or Swiss Half Fare Card works better for you. You’ll find all instructions through the link in my previous post. If there is not much of a difference I’d suggest the Swiss Travel Pass as it’s more convenient not to buy tickets for each trip. Just board and go.

• The thread ‘11 nights in Switzerland, which train pass to buy?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.