thanks in advance for helping us out on the below. :)
we are a group of 5 youngsters , planning a 12 days trip Switzerland in may2017.
our so far planned itinerary is :
day 1 : land in zurich and directly take the train to lucerne. spend the rest of the day in lucerne. night @ lucerne.
day 2 : take the The Gotthard Panorama Express route : Lucerne to Flüelen by boat / Flüelen to Göschenen by train.
confusion for us here : we would like to take the glacier express as well . would you recommend we change here and go from Göschenen to andermatt and board the glacier express ?
- reach moritz / stay overnight ? or can we directly go to lugano? ( if possible / ideally we would like to reach lugano directly while we also want to be able to take glacier express + parts of Gotthard Panorama) not sure if staying overnight in moritz will be necessary ?
- how long is this train journey ?
day 3: stay in lugano
day 4 : sight seeing in lugano
day 5: head to wengen .
- is there a scenic train for this route : lugano to wengen ?
day 6 + 7 + 8: from wengen do : schilthron / jungfrau / visit neighboring villages of lauterbrunnan, grindelwald, murren / day trip to bern if time permits or weathers bad
day 9: take the golden pass and head to montreux. lavaux winery, chateau de chillion
day 10 : day trip to gstaad + glacier 3000 ( maybe rent a car ? )
day 11 : nestle cocolate factory + gruyeres cheese factory ( maybe rent a car ? )
day 12 : back home.
- while reading your forum , we have realized that the swiss 8 DAY TRAVEL PASS may work best / cheapest for our itinerary . we will be ok renting the car for the last 2-3 days of our trip in montreux .
will this be doable ? does it make sense ?>
- any help on the itinerary / alternative routes / alternative places will be helpful.
- our main confusion is with the train routes. while we want to make the best of our swiss pass, its getting confusing on where to board what train from.