12 days Switzerland – Please suggest itinerary

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 April 2018 at 12:15:19 #815361

Hello,

My husband and I, along with our 10 year old son will be visiting Switzerland for the first time in July 2018. for 12 days As with everyone, I’m also overwhelmed going through websites and forums and confused what to choose and what to leave. Of course, Swizterland is such a heaven!!! Please help me a plan. We are planning to come in from Paris by train.

1. Can we start from Geneva and end in Zurich? Our international flight back home is from Paris. That part is fixed for now.

2. Is it possible to cover Zermatt?

Cogwheel trains, iceflyers in Mt.Tiltis, Interlaken, Chocolate train are on my list. Just confused on how to design the tour.

Appreciate your help and suggestions.

Thanks a ton!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 April 2018 at 16:04:46 #882437

Hi Gayathri, and welcome to MySwissAlps,

We don’t create itineraries here but we can help you decide where you may like to go. Have a look at the following pages on our website:

You can indeed start in Geneva and end in Zurich. Since you’re flight is from Paris I would end in Lucerne and take the train to Paris from there. It’s also possible to cover Zermatt.

A possible route: Geneva (if possible don’t stay here for the night and go straight to Montreux) – MontreuxZermattInterlaken (stay in Wengen or Grindelwald) – Lucerne. If you click on the links you can see which highlights you can visit from the different places.

I hope this helps get you started!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 April 2018 at 16:50:51 #882438

Hello Chantal,

Thanks for your guidance. This should be good enough for me to start.

Cheers,

Gayathri

• The thread ‘12 days Switzerland – Please suggest itinerary’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.