1/2 fare card

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 August 2012 at 13:38:02 #805544

I am thinking about getting the 1/2 fare card for use during my stay with my wife in Interlaken next September. Our plan may include boat rides in lake Thun, Beinz and will certainly include the Jungfrau excursion as well as one of the hiking trips that may include a funicular or Gondola ride. The question is does the 1/2 fare applies to the “Good Morning ticket” to Jungfrau which is 140 CHF ?? So after 1/2 fare it will cost 70 CHF?!!! A second question is does the 1/2 fare applies to the boat trips in the lakes of Breinz and Thun as well as the gondolas and funiculars??

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    17 August 2012 at 1:57:44 #836962

Hi mowaffak,

The Swiss Half Fare Card provides a 50% discounts on the standard fares. It cannot be used on top of the Good Morning Ticket. Using the Swiss Half Fare Card for the Jungfrau trip is cheaper than the Good Morning Ticket. You also get discounts on boat and gondola tickets. Please download the network map from the Swiss Half Fare Card page for details.

The 2-for-1 promotion on the Swiss Pass could be an interesting alternative for you.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 August 2012 at 11:04:46 #836963

Hi Arno, Thank you. I think I would consider the 1/2 fare card. Is there such a source listing the prices for the gondolas, and funiculars and other mountain lifts in the area ?
    Thanks a lot for the always useful info.
    Mowaffak

Annika
    7116 posts
    18 August 2012 at 6:41:36 #836964

Hello mowaffak. Many of them are listed at the Jungfrau Railways website. Others can be found in this Bernese Oberland transportation link overview.

• The thread ‘1/2 fare card’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.