12 ideas for cheap mountain trips in Switzerland

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Swissophile
    Participant
    26 posts
    26 June 2022 at 10:59:57 #943553

I am lucky enough to have done all of these trips as l’ve been visiting Switzerland for over 50 years. I think my favourite is the Stoosbahn which is a lot of fun. The Mont Pelerin Funi from Vevey is also a very nice trip and I believe it is free with the Riviera Card, which is issued free-of-charge to guests staying in Montreux or Vevey, so it’s well worth a visit. You can get off partway down and walk back through the vineyards which is very pleasant.

hockeyfan
    Participant
    162 posts
    26 June 2022 at 11:55:29 #943554

Nice list and information. Thank you.

Arno
    15478 posts
    26 June 2022 at 13:03:08 #943555

Hi Gladysknight,

You’re right about the Riviera Card, and also about the Stoosbahn: it’s a must for anyone interested in funiculars or a thrilling mountain ride in general.

tencneo
    Participant
    23 posts
    26 June 2022 at 18:07:51 #943556

thanks for the list !

added 1,2,4,5 . If having the date of operation would be great for the newly add 🙂

Annika
    7115 posts
    8 July 2022 at 9:46:42 #943557

Hi tencneo,

Many of these destinations can be reached all year round, especially towns such as Wengen, Mürren and Stoos. Some mountains are accessible all year round as well, e.g. Rigi and Uetliberg.

For other rides, you can check the “Route” sections of our attraction pages. There’s a paragraph about operation dates on each of those pages. You can use the link in Arno’s first post or click them right below:

For the remaining destinations, you can simply enter your destination and travel date in the timetable: https://www.myswissalps.com/timetable.

Hope that helps!

• The thread ‘12 ideas for cheap mountain trips in Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10950 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.