13 day Switzerland July itinerary – feedback help

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 May 2018 at 17:35:10 #816305

Hello,

After going through multiple threads in this forum, I was able to come up with this Itinerary for our travel in July Thanks to myswissalps.com. Truly appreciate it!!!!

We’ll enter Geneva from Paris.

Day 1 Geneva – Arrive in Geneva, check in hotel. Sightseeing. Overnight in Geneva

Day 2 Geneva – sightseeing.Overnight in Geneva.

Day 3 Geneva – Montreux – Visit Chocolate Factory & Cheese Factory,

lake Geneva. OverNight in Montreux. Glacier 3000???

Day 4 Chillon Castle. Lavaux Vineyards. Overnight in Montreux.

Day 5 Montreux to Interlaken via Golden Line. Store luggage in Interlaken OST

Station. Grindelwald Excursion. Overnight in Wengen.

Day 6 Jungfrau day Excursion- KlienScheidegg. Overnight in Wengen.

Day 7 Store Luggage in Interlaken. Interlaken sightseeing, boat ride. Leave for Lucern

by afternoon.

Day 8 Mount Titlis. Overnight in Lucern

Day 9 Water Tower, Chappel bridge, City Tour, Lake Lucern Cruise. Overnight in Lucern

Day 10 Mount Pilatus. Cogwheel train up and down by cable car. Overnight in Lucern.

Day 11 Leave for Zurich. City tour. Overnight in Zurich.

Day 12 Rhine falls followed by trip to Bern (Maybe) Overnight in Zurich.

Day 13 Leave back to Paris.

Please let me know if the above itinerary is doable.I would like some suggestions for Glacier 3000 to fit in. We haven’t booked hotels yet, so flexible to change the days. Are Jungfraujoch & Schilthorn doable in a day? I know Schilthorn is free with Swiss Pass.

Is it possible to do a day trip to Zermatt and Matterhorn from Lucern or Wengen. Accordingly we could add a day.We would like to do Glacier express half way if possible.

I need advice on for how many days should I take the Swiss Pass for. Is there a place where I can look at Golden Line Pass ?

Thanks a ton!!!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 May 2018 at 18:48:27 #886743

Hi Gayathri S,

The itinerary seems pretty good. Nothing major I’d change. I wouldn’t stay 2 nights in Geneva – you don’t seem to have any specific plans there anyway? Stay 1 night only or go straight to Montreux. This will give you ample time to fit in a trip to the Glacier 3000.

Jungfraujoch and Schilthorn could be done in 1 day but lines for the trains and cable cars can get long in July and it might end up being too much. See how to day goes and go to the mountain with the best looking weather first.

For Zermatt again if you take out both nights in Geneva and go straight to Montreux you can do a day trip there via Brig (and a short trip on the Glacier Express)

For a 13 day trip the 15 day Swiss Travel Pass seems like the best choice. 🙂

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 May 2018 at 18:01:03 #886744

Hello Lucas,

Thanks for your feedback! I have cut down a night in Geneva to fit Glacier 3000 on day 2, but still finding it tricky to do Zermatt day trip from Montreux. I wouldn’t prefer to cut down any attractions though, as I know each attraction is different. Please suggest some options.

As per your suggestion, we’ll go in for a 15 day Swiss Travel pass.

Thanks for your help!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 May 2018 at 6:15:10 #886745

If you don’t want to do a day trip from Montreux you could overnight in Zermatt. Perhaps cut a night from Zurich (I’d go for seeing the Matterhorn over the RheinFall.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 May 2018 at 19:08:35 #886746

Thanks for your help, Lucas! I’ll try and post our Trip Report here in July 🙂

• The thread ‘13 day Switzerland July itinerary – feedback help’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.