13 days: from Geneva to Zurich and lots in between

• abigail0
    Participant
    6 posts
    29 May 2022 at 11:50:39 #827338

Hi everyone,

First off, I would like to thank the admins, moderators and all the other users who commented on my previous post and gave me advice. MySwissAlps as a whole also proved to be a very valuable resource for us. Personally, I’ve learnt a lot through planning this trip – about the needs of different types of travellers (aka my family), and how to make sure plans are actually feasible and not a rushed mess. Overall, we had an amazing 2 weeks experiencing the country, and I walk away with many fond memories of the place.

With all the help I’ve received, I thought to return the favour by sharing my itinerary accompanied with my own comments and tips. I used Wanderlog for this – I recommend using the browser version as it runs more smoothly than the app.

Here is the link: wanderlog.com/view/jhaqzvvjsg/13d12n-switzerland-in-may

I hope someone will find this useful! To anyone else planning a trip soon, have fun and enjoy your time there!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    29 May 2022 at 15:15:16 #942507

Hi abigailo,

Thanks for sharing your experiences! Happy to hear we were able to assist you in planning your trip.

It looks like you made great use of your time in Geneva, Zermatt, the Bernese Oberland, Lucerne and Zurich. The Swiss Travel Pass sure was a perfect choice for the itinerary you put together. Your journey also shows that May can be a great time to travel, even if not all cable cars and high-altitude hikes are open yet. Too bad that weather didn’t cooperate during your Rigi visit, but I hope you enjoyed it nonetheless!

Lastlook
    Participant
    183 posts
    17 June 2022 at 14:56:52 #942508

Thank you for your trip log and for including opening/closing times and entry fee/discount information. I’ve added some of your helpful information to my own notes for an upcoming trip.

• The thread ‘13 days: from Geneva to Zurich and lots in between’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.