14 days trip to Switzerland - where to stay?

14 days trip to Switzerland - where to stay?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Rashmi1234
Rashmi1234
4 posts
Apr 1, 2017 - 11:14 AM

Hello..I am planning to go to Switzerland in the month of june for 14 days..

Our Itinerary is : Zurich 2days -->Interlaken 5 days---Zermatt 2 days-->Montreux 2 days--engelberg 2 days--back form Zurich .

Please provide your suggestions for the above -- is it ok ? What places can i visit in the resp places . Aslo I have one more spare day ,what can i cover in that ??

Arno
Arno
10353 posts
expert &
Apr 1, 2017 - 11:35 AM

Hi Rashmi1234,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! Where to stay and how long depends on many personal preferences, but here's what I would prefer: replace Zurich and Engelberg by 4 days in Lucerne. That's because Lucerne is near the Alps and Zurich isn't, plus you can easily visit Engelberg from Lucerne, so no need to change hotels again. I would add the additional day to Montreux or Zermatt, or even Interlaken but 5 days there (or in a nearby smaller village) is fine.

Please see the above links for suggestions on things to do, hotels and more in these towns.

Rashmi1234
Rashmi1234
4 posts
Apr 1, 2017 - 11:45 AM

Thanks You Arno.I will definitely consider your suggestion ! Could you please suggest what places i must see in -: Zurich ,Interlaken,Zermatt -Montreux ,engelberg

Arno
Arno
10353 posts
expert &
Apr 1, 2017 - 1:02 PM in reply to Rashmi1234

You're most welcome! All the pages I linked to have a "What to do" tab where you can find our suggestions. Please check out those pages first, they offer loads of information, and feel free to ask if anything remains unclear.

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
4488 posts
expert
Apr 5, 2017 - 1:02 AM in reply to Rashmi1234

Hi Rashmi1234 -

<<"Hello..I am planning to go to Switzerland in the month of june for 14 days..">>

When in June?...it matters for the higher altitudes. Winter is not finished near the Jungfrau until late June.

Slowpoke

Rashmi1234
Rashmi1234
4 posts
Apr 13, 2017 - 6:09 PM

Hi .. I am confused about what Base I should make to visit montreux, lucerne,Geneva n engelberg. Which 2 or 1 place should I make the Base to cover the maximum places .. kindly suggest

Arno
Arno
10353 posts
expert &
Apr 13, 2017 - 8:09 PM

Hi Rashmi1234,

If these are the 4 places you wish to visit then you can stay in Lucerne and Montreux. Engelberg and Geneva are an easy day trip from there.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018