14 days trip to Switzerland – where to stay?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 April 2017 at 11:14:30 #811245

Hello..I am planning to go to Switzerland in the month of june for 14 days..

Our Itinerary is : Zurich 2days –>Interlaken 5 days—Zermatt 2 days–>Montreux 2 days–engelberg 2 days–back form Zurich .

Please provide your suggestions for the above — is it ok ? What places can i visit in the resp places . Aslo I have one more spare day ,what can i cover in that ??

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    1 April 2017 at 11:35:47 #860870

Hi Rashmi1234,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! Where to stay and how long depends on many personal preferences, but here’s what I would prefer: replace Zurich and Engelberg by 4 days in Lucerne. That’s because Lucerne is near the Alps and Zurich isn’t, plus you can easily visit Engelberg from Lucerne, so no need to change hotels again. I would add the additional day to Montreux or Zermatt, or even Interlaken but 5 days there (or in a nearby smaller village) is fine.

Please see the above links for suggestions on things to do, hotels and more in these towns.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 April 2017 at 11:45:41 #860871

Thanks You Arno.I will definitely consider your suggestion ! Could you please suggest what places i must see in -: Zurich ,Interlaken,Zermatt -Montreux ,engelberg

Arno
    15484 posts
    1 April 2017 at 13:02:01 #860872

You’re most welcome! All the pages I linked to have a “What to do” tab where you can find our suggestions. Please check out those pages first, they offer loads of information, and feel free to ask if anything remains unclear.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    5 April 2017 at 1:02:44 #860873

Hi Rashmi1234 –

<<“Hello..I am planning to go to Switzerland in the month of june for 14 days..”>>

When in June?…it matters for the higher altitudes. Winter is not finished near the Jungfrau until late June.

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 April 2017 at 18:09:50 #860874

Hi .. I am confused about what Base I should make to visit montreux, lucerne,Geneva n engelberg. Which 2 or 1 place should I make the Base to cover the maximum places .. kindly suggest

Arno
    15484 posts
    13 April 2017 at 20:09:36 #860875

Hi Rashmi1234,

If these are the 4 places you wish to visit then you can stay in Lucerne and Montreux. Engelberg and Geneva are an easy day trip from there.

• The thread ‘14 days trip to Switzerland – where to stay?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.