15 day trip plan from India to Switzerland mid May

15 day trip plan from India to Switzerland mid May

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
anishcshah
anishcshah
1 post
Apr 1, 2018 - 4:24 PM

Hello,

I am planning a 15 trip to from India to Switzerland commencing sometime in mid May and ending in first week of June. I am an avid reader of this forum and based on the some of the posts have created this itinerary and request suggestions to fine tune it. I have tried to combine the mountain excursions as well as some of the sightseeing places. Have left the cities for some other trip. We shall be having a return ticket to/from Zurich. Intending to have the following bases:

Landing in Zurich and go to Lucerne

4 nights stay at apartment in Lucerne

5 nights stay at apartment in Grindelwald

3 nights stay at apartment in Zermatt

2 nights stay at 3* Hotel in St Moritz St. Moritz to Zurich and return to India.

Intend to visit the following:

Lucerne - Chapel Bridge, Old Town, Dying Lion, Verkehrhaus, Mt. Titlis, Mt. Pilatus, Lucerne cruise (optional), Stanserhorn, Swiss Museum of Transport, Glacier 3000,

Montreux - Cheese / Chocolate factory trip / Chillon Castle, Garden of Montreal Palace

Swiss Miniatur - Lugano

Golden pass line - Where does it operate from?

Interlaken sight seeing - Lake Brienz, Lake Thun, Harderkulm

Grindelwald - First, Jungfrau

Lauterbrunnen / Murren / Wengen - Sightseeing, Schnyige Platte

Zermatt - Five Lakes walk, others

Zermatt - Matterhorn Glacier Paradise, Gorner Gorge, Village of Findeln, Glacier Express

Air Museum at Ballenberg

St. Moritz - Lakes,

Is it doable for the days allotted and do suggest some of the sightseeing places which I may have missed.

Thanking you in advance.

Regards,

Anish

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
4486 posts
expert
Apr 2, 2018 - 1:36 AM in reply to anishcshah

Hi Anishcshah -

Welcome to My Swiss Alps.

Without checking all the details, you will find that late May still has a lot of Winter at high altitudes. You'll be wise to check out the locations and facilities in the Alpine areas that you have mentioned from the perspective of outdoor activities..

More details will follow; that is a start.

Slowpoke

Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
Apr 2, 2018 - 9:45 AM in reply to anishcshah

Hi Anish, and welcome!

More information on the Golden Pass line can be found here: www.myswissalps.com/go ldenpass. Click on the tab 'Route' to find out more about the different sections of the route.

Your itinerary is doable. For all the places you're visiting we have sections on our website where we've listed the activities you can do from there. I would start from this page: www.myswissalps.com/wh eretogo/towns. If you scroll down a bit, you'll find an empty field where you can type the name of the town (if it isn't already displayed on the page). If you then click on 'Show results' you get more information. In particular, check out the 'What to do' tab.

You can use the Swiss timetable (www.myswissalps.com/ti metable) to plan your trip in more detail. Have a close look at Montreux - Cheese/Chocolate factory trip/Chillon Castle, Garden of Montreal Palace. That will be a very long day and probably a stretch if you want to do all. On your way to Montreux (or Cheese/Chocolate factory first) put Zweisimmen in the 'via' box of the Swiss timetable to ensure you follow the Golden Pass Line.

rockoyster
rockoyster
3367 posts
expert
Apr 2, 2018 - 9:51 AM in reply to anishcshah

Is this www.goldenpass.ch/en/g oldenpass/offer/view?id=15 the Chocolate Cheese trip you had in mind? If so please be aware that "The Chocolate Train runs again from 1 May. As a result of the construction works, guests are taking the bus in Montbovon. The bus takes them to Gruyères, to Broc and back again".

Arno
Arno
10348 posts
expert &
Apr 11, 2018 - 11:41 AM

Hi Anish,

How's your planning going?

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018