15 day trip plan from India to Switzerland mid May

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 April 2018 at 16:24:34 #815089

Hello,

I am planning a 15 trip to from India to Switzerland commencing sometime in mid May and ending in first week of June. I am an avid reader of this forum and based on the some of the posts have created this itinerary and request suggestions to fine tune it. I have tried to combine the mountain excursions as well as some of the sightseeing places. Have left the cities for some other trip. We shall be having a return ticket to/from Zurich. Intending to have the following bases:

Landing in Zurich and go to Lucerne

4 nights stay at apartment in Lucerne

5 nights stay at apartment in Grindelwald

3 nights stay at apartment in Zermatt

2 nights stay at 3* Hotel in St Moritz St. Moritz to Zurich and return to India.

Intend to visit the following:

Lucerne – Chapel Bridge, Old Town, Dying Lion, Verkehrhaus, Mt. Titlis, Mt. Pilatus, Lucerne cruise (optional), Stanserhorn, Swiss Museum of Transport, Glacier 3000,

Montreux – Cheese / Chocolate factory trip / Chillon Castle, Garden of Montreal Palace

Swiss Miniatur – Lugano

Golden pass line – Where does it operate from?

Interlaken sight seeing – Lake Brienz, Lake Thun, Harderkulm

Grindelwald – First, Jungfrau

Lauterbrunnen / Murren / Wengen – Sightseeing, Schnyige Platte

Zermatt – Five Lakes walk, others

Zermatt – Matterhorn Glacier Paradise, Gorner Gorge, Village of Findeln, Glacier Express

Air Museum at Ballenberg

St. Moritz – Lakes,

Is it doable for the days allotted and do suggest some of the sightseeing places which I may have missed.

Thanking you in advance.

Regards,

Anish

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    2 April 2018 at 1:36:26 #880635

Hi Anishcshah –

Welcome to My Swiss Alps.

Without checking all the details, you will find that late May still has a lot of Winter at high altitudes. You’ll be wise to check out the locations and facilities in the Alpine areas that you have mentioned from the perspective of outdoor activities..

More details will follow; that is a start.

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 April 2018 at 9:45:20 #880636

Hi Anish, and welcome!

More information on the Golden Pass line can be found here: http://www.myswissalps.com/go ldenpass. Click on the tab ‘Route’ to find out more about the different sections of the route.

Your itinerary is doable. For all the places you’re visiting we have sections on our website where we’ve listed the activities you can do from there. I would start from this page: http://www.myswissalps.com/wh eretogo/towns. If you scroll down a bit, you’ll find an empty field where you can type the name of the town (if it isn’t already displayed on the page). If you then click on ‘Show results’ you get more information. In particular, check out the ‘What to do’ tab.

You can use the Swiss timetable (http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable) to plan your trip in more detail. Have a close look at Montreux – Cheese/Chocolate factory trip/Chillon Castle, Garden of Montreal Palace. That will be a very long day and probably a stretch if you want to do all. On your way to Montreux (or Cheese/Chocolate factory first) put Zweisimmen in the ‘via’ box of the Swiss timetable to ensure you follow the Golden Pass Line.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    2 April 2018 at 9:51:59 #880637

Is this http://www.goldenpass.ch/en/g oldenpass/offer/view?id=15 the Chocolate Cheese trip you had in mind? If so please be aware that “The Chocolate Train runs again from 1 May. As a result of the construction works, guests are taking the bus in Montbovon. The bus takes them to Gruyères, to Broc and back again”.

Arno
    15483 posts
    11 April 2018 at 11:41:42 #880638

Hi Anish,

How’s your planning going?

• The thread ‘15 day trip plan from India to Switzerland mid May’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.