15 Days Wengen, Lucerne, Lugano, Bern & St. Gallen

15 Days Wengen, Lucerne, Lugano, Bern & St. Gallen

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Judy52
Judy52
63 posts
Apr 24, 2018 - 7:40 AM

We’ll arrive in Zurich on 12 September and want to spend 2 weeks in Switzerland. We were here for a week 5 years ago and stayed in Chur, Interlaken and Montreux and also saw Lucerne on a day trip from Interlaken. We went on the Bernina Express, Glacier Express and Golden Pass scenic trains.

I’m finding it hard to work out an itinerary that covers everything we want to see this time.

We’ll buy 15 day Swiss travel passes and probably start by going to Wengen on arrival. This is a rough idea of what we might do:

Wengen 5 nights

Lucerne 2 nights

Lugano 2 nights

Bern 3 nights

St Gallen/Romanshorn 3 nights

With this itinerary, we’ll be able to take three scenic routes that we haven’t been on before:

Gothard Panorama Express, Centivalli Bahn/Regio Express and Voralpen Express.

After this we leave by train for Austria. Does this itinerary make sense?

Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
Apr 24, 2018 - 10:37 AM in reply to Judy52

Hi Judy,

I think this itinerary does make sense. The only thing I question is a 3 night stay in Bern. You could do Bern as a day trip from Wengen or even Lucerne. Or were you thinking of exploring the Three-Lakes, Fribourg, Murten, Schwarzsee...

Judy52
Judy52
63 posts
Apr 24, 2018 - 11:03 AM in reply to Chantal

Thanks Chantal

Yes, I am interested in seeing Friburg, Murten and Avenches, so I thought Bern might be a good base. But then I’m also interested in seeing as much of Switzerland’s dramatic Alpine scenery as possible, so I wonder if it would be better to spend more time elsewhere.

Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
Apr 24, 2018 - 11:22 AM in reply to Judy52

I see. Nice plans! I think you have quite a nice balance. You could stay one night less in Bern and add one to Lucerne if you're planning to do the three mountains: Rigi, Mt. Titlis and Mt. Pilatus.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018