15 Days Wengen, Lucerne, Lugano, Bern & St. Gallen

• Judy52
    Participant
    131 posts
    24 April 2018 at 7:40:44 #815499

We’ll arrive in Zurich on 12 September and want to spend 2 weeks in Switzerland. We were here for a week 5 years ago and stayed in Chur, Interlaken and Montreux and also saw Lucerne on a day trip from Interlaken. We went on the Bernina Express, Glacier Express and Golden Pass scenic trains.

I’m finding it hard to work out an itinerary that covers everything we want to see this time.

We’ll buy 15 day Swiss travel passes and probably start by going to Wengen on arrival. This is a rough idea of what we might do:

Wengen 5 nights

Lucerne 2 nights

Lugano 2 nights

Bern 3 nights

St Gallen/Romanshorn 3 nights

With this itinerary, we’ll be able to take three scenic routes that we haven’t been on before:

Gothard Panorama Express, Centivalli Bahn/Regio Express and Voralpen Express.

After this we leave by train for Austria. Does this itinerary make sense?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 April 2018 at 10:37:35 #883056

Hi Judy,

I think this itinerary does make sense. The only thing I question is a 3 night stay in Bern. You could do Bern as a day trip from Wengen or even Lucerne. Or were you thinking of exploring the Three-Lakes, Fribourg, Murten, Schwarzsee…

Judy52
    Participant
    131 posts
    24 April 2018 at 11:03:06 #883057

Thanks Chantal

Yes, I am interested in seeing Friburg, Murten and Avenches, so I thought Bern might be a good base. But then I’m also interested in seeing as much of Switzerland’s dramatic Alpine scenery as possible, so I wonder if it would be better to spend more time elsewhere.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 April 2018 at 11:22:36 #883058

I see. Nice plans! I think you have quite a nice balance. You could stay one night less in Bern and add one to Lucerne if you’re planning to do the three mountains: Rigi, Mt. Titlis and Mt. Pilatus.

• The thread ‘15 Days Wengen, Lucerne, Lugano, Bern & St. Gallen’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.