15 days Venice – Chur – Zermatt – Interlaken – ZRH

• AleksYVR
    Participant
    1 post
    20 July 2021 at 5:33:46 #825947

Hello, we are looking to travel this coming August 22 to September 6. We have a 1 year old coming with us (at time of travel). Please let me know what you think of our itinerary – if it seems too rushed? Our kid travels well, does not mind 8 hour train rides!

Fly into VENICE – 5 nights there to get used to jet lag (coming from Western Canada)

Venice to Tirano by train (overnight Tirano)

Tirano to Chur via Bernina Express (overnight Chur)

Chur to Zermatt via Glacier Express (overnight Zermatt)

3 nights in Zermatt

Zermatt to Interlaken (overnight Wengen)

4 nights in Wengen

Wengen – Zurich (fly home)

—————————————————————————-

Im not set on this itinerary as it seems a little rushed to me. We would love to get the Bernina express and the glacier express done, but maybe can skip Zermatt this trip, especially because we cant do any of the higher elevation excursions or hikes. Thank you!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6362 posts
    20 July 2021 at 7:25:39 #935753

Hi AleksYVR,

Welcome to MySwissAlps.

I think your itinerary is fairly doable with a 1-year old. I personally don’t think it’s rushed and 3 nights in Zermatt is actually quite nice. There are plenty of things for families to do in Zermatt. I would recommend the playground and lake at Sunnegga, which is just a short funicular ride up. This was my kids’ favourite spot when we visited Zermatt last year.

If you like short hikes, there are also various theme walks at lower elevation which are stroller friendly. A short walk around town is a good way to explore Zermatt.

Zermatt also has a great transport network and you can always plan day trips to neighbouring towns such as Brig or Visp. You can explore more sightseeing options here: http://www.myswissalps.com/zermatt/activities

Let us know if you need further information.

Regards,

Anna

• The thread ‘15 days Venice – Chur – Zermatt – Interlaken – ZRH’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.