15 turning 16!

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 September 2012 at 16:20:14 #805602

Help! We are a family of 4, with two adult half-fare cards, and two junior cards. We purchased all of these in July, and NO ONE mentioned that the Junior card would only be useful for my older child for TWO MONTHS, since she turns 16 in mid-Sepetmber. We are also only here until the end of October, so buying a yearly 1/2 price card for her is CRAZY. We have two trips still to come: Basel to Wengen/Junfraujoch (return); and Basel to Lausanne (return).

We also had to pay 30 CHF for each Junior card, and I have just read that we should have gotten those free with our adult half-fare cards!

Three questions:

1) can we get reimbursed for the Junior Cards?

2) is the 2-1 flexipass a better deal than using our half fare cards for the two journeys above?

3) what is the cheapest way to bring our new 16 year old along?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

kim11
    Participant
    604 posts
    7 September 2012 at 0:31:20 #837120

I doubt you can get reimbursed for the junior cards you have purchased but it never hurts to ask.

You don’t need to buy a yearly HFC for your daughter, a monthly is 110 CHF. I doubt that the Flexi-Pass is a better deal. Do the math on the two trips you have remaining at full price and with HFC and see which is the better value.

• The thread ‘15 turning 16!’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.