15th anniversary MySwissAlps

• Arno
    15482 posts
    10 May 2017 at 7:31:39 #811763

Hi everyone,

MySwissAlps.com celebrates its 15th anniversary today. We’re thankful for looking back on 15 years of writing about Switzerland and talking to tourists. We enjoyed it tremendously, and we’re looking forward to the next 15 years!

Many thanks to our website visitors and contributors to the forum section of our website! You are making our efforts worth it.

Annika, Arno, Lucas

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Mageo
    Participant
    63 posts
    10 May 2017 at 9:17:35 #863101

Annika, Arno & Lucas,

Congratulations on an amazing effort! We have learnt such a lot from MySwissAlps.com. It is a great site. I only wish I’d found it before our 2014 visit to Switzerland. However, it is so helpful in planning our next trip in August. Thanks so much to all concerned.

Mageo

Adelaidean
    Participant
    121 posts
    10 May 2017 at 11:03:02 #863102

Thanks all, I have used your site for planning our September trip, as well as Fodors and Tripadvisor.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 May 2017 at 14:55:58 #863103

Huge congratulations on your anniversary!

I love this forum and visit nearly every day! This summer will be our 19th trip to Switzerland (2 December trips for Christmas markets and now our 17th summer trip!) Everything is in place for our trip and as ever we have a huge list of places to try and visit!

I have found a lot of good advice from you and other regular contributors – special mention should go to Alpenrose and Kim for their detailed reports and information. I have found lots of ideas here of places that are not the main tourist attractions and have in turn passed on my own “discoveries” in the hope others will find them of interest.

The forum is not just a place to ask and answer questions as the tone has always been a place where you feel you are chatting to “friends” about your experiences.

Keep up the good work and many thanks for creating the website in the first place and adding and improving as you go along. I have just had a bit of fun by clicking on my profile and looking back to some early threads I have taken part in since I first joined in!

Best regards

Maggie

Travelbug53
    Participant
    64 posts
    10 May 2017 at 15:38:18 #863104

Congratulations Arno and Annika! You have been so kind and patient in answering all my questions over the years. You are one of the reasons that my family and I are visiting Switzerland for the third time in three years. We have had the most amazing experiences and look forward to more thanks to your expertise and advice. Thank you also to Slowpoke, Lucas, Alpenrose, Kim and Maggie for your invaluable input.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    10 May 2017 at 21:47:45 #863105

Oh my, 15 years, congratulations!

Happy Anniversary. My heartfelt gratitude and respect to the organisers, moderators and other expert contributor’s to this fabulous travel resource.

One week to go before our MySwissAlps-inspired Swiss adventure starts. Excited.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 May 2017 at 21:52:56 #863106

15 years is crazy! Congratulations guys! And thank you for all your constant support! 😎🙌🙌

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 May 2017 at 2:16:42 #863107

Congratulations on such an achievement! Clearly an enormous amount of work has gone into creating the content on this site, keeping it up to date, and responding to questions in the forum. The quality and detail of information here is unequalled anywhere else on the web that I have seen.

Not only the content is superb, but the site design is very attractive, easy to read and navigate, and has some great photos to help people visualise what they will see when they visit. And no annoying features such as pop-ups etc!

I am delighted to have discovered it about 2 years ago, but wish I had found it sooner to help with my earlier trips! Once again, congratulations and thank you!

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 May 2017 at 6:21:03 #863108

Thanks so much for your dedication to this site! His wonderful that it has been around so long. This has been such a great help with planning my trip I look at the new posts daily to find out information that may help my trip.

Beatrix
    Participant
    22 posts
    11 May 2017 at 10:56:03 #863109

Congratulations! Keep up the fantastic work!! Thank you for all your help!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 May 2017 at 11:38:14 #863110

Thank you to the people who have helped me with useful solutions . It’s lucky to find this website when I planned my first Switzerland trip. Congratulations to the 15 years’ great work !

Arno
    15482 posts
    11 May 2017 at 14:13:45 #863111

Wow, thanks everyone for your kind words! We love what we do, and responses like these are a reward in itself.

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    11 May 2017 at 16:24:40 #863112

Hello Arno, Annika and Lucas,

Congratulations! Being one of the first visitors I have seen you people and this fantastic website grow. More information (what a patience!), a great look, many visitors. Great, keep up the good work.

And although we know some parts of Switzerland like the back of our hand we will keep on going, the country will always be a second home to us.

What you do here is amazing. Thank you for that!

Olga

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 May 2017 at 6:08:47 #863113

Wow! 15 years. Amazing work from all of you. Congratulations and thanks for all the hard work put it in by everyone. Cheers!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 May 2017 at 7:38:55 #863114

Some great, kind words from everyone!

Thanks to all of you as well for taking the time to share your incredible Swiss wisdom!

Not being Swiss myself its been an incredible journey these past few months and I’ve learned more about Switzerland than I thought possible!

Lucas

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    15 May 2017 at 18:42:39 #863115

Lucas, you are doing a great job! And that deserves a compliment, so here you go…

Olga

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 May 2017 at 6:39:12 #863116

Thanks Olga!

• The thread ‘15th anniversary MySwissAlps’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.