Itinerary in November for 6 days, Zermatt & Wengen

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 September 2019 at 8:39:33 #823978

Hi I had do many research on my upcoming trips yet I felt like there are some advices I would like to hear from expert traveler in Switzerland. I know November are off season, many of the accommodation, cable car, activities was not doable due to transition of season but I believe autumn will bring surprises to my trip. I will be travelling with 2 other buddies age 31 and 33.

These are my planning for so far :

17 Nov 2019 – Base : Wengen

• Arrived Zurich HB from Salzburg 8.20am – Travel directly to Interlaken-Wengen to check in hotel (through Golden Pass Line)
    • Early arrive , drop luggage and go to Murren Village via Grutscalp, Gimmewald(If time allow) and Schilthorn – Piz Gloria ( I checked and it has been closed; do I still able to go here?)

18 Nov 2019 – Base : Wengen

Plan A

• Will check weather in the morning : if weather permitted – head to Top of Europe
    • Go down from Jungfraujoch will stopover at Kleine Scheidegg
    • Visit Lauterbrunnen Valley : Staubbachfall, Trümmelbachfall, and Mürrenbachfall Falls / explore the village

Plan B

• Visit Lake Thun, Spiez and Bern
    • Visit Lake Brienz/ Iselwald

19 Nov 2019 – Base : Wengen

Plan A

• Visit Grindelwald Village; First Cliff walk ; Schynige Platte(if closed do I still can access to this area?) via Mannlichen
    • Back to Wengen through Interlaken.
    • Dinner at Interlaken

Plan B

Any suggestion for plan B for bad weather ? I’m very interested on nature view (I love fall, changing color leaves) ; not interested on museum..city is okay to go

20 Nov 2019 – Base : Zermatt

• Move from Wengen – Interlaken to Visp / Brig to Zermatt
    • Arrived : drop luggage and explore Zermatt town
    • If the weather are good travel by Cogwheel train to Gornegrat (view of Matterhorn)

21 Nov 2019 – Base : Zermatt

Plan A

• Visit Klein Matterhorn by gondola
    • Stop at Trockener Steg -> Matterhorn Glacier Ride
    • Visit Cogwheel train to Gornegrat (view of Matterhorn)

Plan B

Any suggestion for plan B for bad weather ?

22 Nov 2019 – Base : Zurich

• Travel from Zermatt – Visp – Bern – Zurich / Bernina Express (Still undecided, not sure which is more worth) Can you give me advice?
    • Arrived in Zurich ; explore Zurich old town

23 Nov 2019 – Fly : Flight 4.30pm

• Eat breakfast and scrolling around the town
    • 12pm head to airport.

Pass :

1. I will be buying 4 day Swiss Travel Pass ( non consecutive days )
    2. 3 days – Swiss Saver Day Pass

Any comment?

I really appreciate if you able to give me some kind comments.

• The thread ‘Itinerary in November for 6 days, Zermatt & Wengen’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.