17d/16n Swiss tour for a group of 7 in May 2022

• Paulng1080
    Participant
    11 posts
    2 October 2021 at 12:11:19 #826156

Hi,

Please comment on my draft: I am trying to merge 7 days ultimate Swiss Scenic trains with 14 days Swiss tour.

A group of 7 seniors travelling in May 2022 (in and out of Zurich)

Day 1-4 Zurich

Day 4-7 Interlaken

Day 7-10 Montreux (Golden Pass Southern Leg)

Day 10-13 Zermatt (Glacier Express to Chur)

Day 13-14 Chur (Glacier Express) Not sure to stay 1-2 nights at Chur

Day 14-17 Lucerne (take the train back to Zurich for departing flight)

My main questions are:

1. Glacier Express: Is it worth to take all the way to Chur? or any other stop prior to Chur

2. Should we stay only one night in Chur and take the train to Lucerne and stay 3 nights at Lucerne instead of 2 nights?

Thank you for your guidance!

Paul

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6382 posts
    2 October 2021 at 18:16:27 #936794

Hi Paul,

Thanks for sharing your itinerary. I personally think this is very do-able, it doesn’t feel rushed and you’ll have plenty of time for sightseeing and other activities in each destination. To answer your questions:

1. Taking the Glacier Express all the way to Chur is probably a good idea if you’ve got limited time. The whole route Zermatt – Chur takes about 8 hours. Of course it’s possible to break the journey in between if you wish. But do take note that you would need to make separate seat reservations for different Glacier Express trains. Alternatively, you can travel on a regular train but this will probably take you longer. For more details how to travel on the Glacier Express: http://www.myswissalps.com/glacierexpress/gettingthere

2. One night in Chur is probably enough if you just plan to explore the town. Also I think most travellers much prefer spending an extra day in Lucerne to explore the many scenic sights in the area, maybe even plan a cruise on Lake Lucerne.

Hope this helps. If you need more information, feel free to post again.

Regards,

Anna

• The thread ‘17d/16n Swiss tour for a group of 7 in May 2022’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.