First time in Wengen – itinerary for July

• maniimjach
    Participant
    32 posts
    31 May 2018 at 12:56:26 #816349

Hi Lucas, others

We are coming to Switzerland from US in July for the 1st time. I’m in charge of planning and spent A LOT of time reading all of posts and learning from best (reading Kim’s book). Would you be so kind to comment/ improve my itinerary. Traveling with my husband and 21 yo son.

arriving 7/11 Zurich, going straight to Wengen. May attempt Wengen-Maennlichen-Kl Scheidegg walk, dinner at hotel

7/12 Lauterbrunnen – Stechelberg, back to Murren

7/13 – weather permitting – Schilthorn, Piz Gloria

7/14 – weather permitting – Jungfraujoch

7/15 Schynige_Platte panoramaweg, leave for Lucerne -> hotel, evening walk across the bridge

7/16 boat Lucerne to Fluelen

7/17 Rigi trip, Roundtrip from Lucerne over the Brienzer Rothorn

7/18 train to Zurich

Anything I can add to the days, any sequence doesn’t make sense to you? Planning to get Half fare card and BO regional pass.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 May 2018 at 19:09:06 #886922

Hi maniimjach and welcome to MySwissAlps!

It looks like a nice itinerary. You certainly have time to do other things on each day if you wish.

A few thoughts:
    You could do the Wengen-Maennlichen-Kleine Scheidegg on the same day as your Jungfraujoch trip.

Also you can combine Rigi with a boat trip on Luzern (albeit a shorter boat trip). And then on the Brienzer Rorhorn day add on a longer boat cruise on Lake Thun?

Did you compare the Regional Pass – Bernese Oberland with the Jungfrau Travel Pass? Just as a thought – or have you done the math and know it is best? https://www.myswissalp s.com/train/ticketspas ses/practical/choosera ilpass

maniimjach
    Participant
    32 posts
    1 June 2018 at 3:31:00 #886923

Thank you Lucas.

Where would the shorter Luzern lake trip will start and finish? Is it still originates from Luzern?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 June 2018 at 6:39:23 #886924

Hi maniimjach,

You would take the boat to Vitznau on the way to Rigi. It is described on our Rigi page here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/rigi either the Majestic round-trip or Classic round-trip include the boat. It isn’t a tour or anything, just the name for the trip which you do independently.

maniimjach
    Participant
    32 posts
    5 June 2018 at 23:45:19 #886925

Hi Lucas,

Trying to bake your suggestions into my itinerary. Quick suggestion – you recommended take Lake Thun trip from Luzern, should I rather do it from Wengen though?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 June 2018 at 5:14:45 #886926

If you have the time while you are staying in Wengen yes. It would be a shorter trip. 🙂

• The thread ‘First time in Wengen – itinerary for July’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.