First time in Wengen - itinerary for July

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
maniimjach
maniimjach
17 posts
May 31, 2018 - 12:56 PM

Hi Lucas, others

We are coming to Switzerland from US in July for the 1st time. I'm in charge of planning and spent A LOT of time reading all of posts and learning from best (reading Kim's book). Would you be so kind to comment/ improve my itinerary. Traveling with my husband and 21 yo son.

arriving 7/11 Zurich, going straight to Wengen. May attempt Wengen-Maennlichen-Kl Scheidegg walk, dinner at hotel

7/12 Lauterbrunnen - Stechelberg, back to Murren

7/13 - weather permitting - Schilthorn, Piz Gloria

7/14 - weather permitting - Jungfraujoch

7/15 Schynige_Platte panoramaweg, leave for Lucerne -> hotel, evening walk across the bridge

7/16 boat Lucerne to Fluelen

7/17 Rigi trip, Roundtrip from Lucerne over the Brienzer Rothorn

7/18 train to Zurich

Anything I can add to the days, any sequence doesn't make sense to you? Planning to get Half fare card and BO regional pass.

Lucas
Lucas
10496 posts
top member
May 31, 2018 - 7:09 PM in reply to maniimjach

Hi maniimjach and welcome to MySwissAlps!

It looks like a nice itinerary. You certainly have time to do other things on each day if you wish.

A few thoughts:
You could do the Wengen-Maennlichen-Kleine Scheidegg on the same day as your Jungfraujoch trip.

Also you can combine Rigi with a boat trip on Luzern (albeit a shorter boat trip). And then on the Brienzer Rorhorn day add on a longer boat cruise on Lake Thun?

Did you compare the Regional Pass - Bernese Oberland with the Jungfrau Travel Pass? Just as a thought - or have you done the math and know it is best? https://www.myswissalp s.com/train/ticketspas ses/practical/choosera ilpass

Last modified on May 31, 2018 - 7:10 PM by Lucas
maniimjach
maniimjach
17 posts
Jun 1, 2018 - 3:31 AM in reply to Lucas

Thank you Lucas.

Where would the shorter Luzern lake trip will start and finish? Is it still originates from Luzern?

Lucas
Lucas
10496 posts
top member
Jun 1, 2018 - 6:39 AM in reply to maniimjach

Hi maniimjach,

You would take the boat to Vitznau on the way to Rigi. It is described on our Rigi page here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/rigi either the Majestic round-trip or Classic round-trip include the boat. It isn't a tour or anything, just the name for the trip which you do independently.

maniimjach
maniimjach
17 posts
Jun 5, 2018 - 11:45 PM in reply to Lucas

Hi Lucas,

Trying to bake your suggestions into my itinerary. Quick suggestion - you recommended take Lake Thun trip from Luzern, should I rather do it from Wengen though?

Lucas
Lucas
10496 posts
top member
Jun 6, 2018 - 5:14 AM in reply to maniimjach

If you have the time while you are staying in Wengen yes. It would be a shorter trip. :)

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019