First time in Wengen - itinerary for July

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
maniimjach
maniimjach
17 posts
May 31, 2018 - 12:56 PM

Hi Lucas, others

We are coming to Switzerland from US in July for the 1st time. I'm in charge of planning and spent A LOT of time reading all of posts and learning from best (reading Kim's book). Would you be so kind to comment/ improve my itinerary. Traveling with my husband and 21 yo son.

arriving 7/11 Zurich, going straight to Wengen. May attempt Wengen-Maennlichen-Kl Scheidegg walk, dinner at hotel

7/12 Lauterbrunnen - Stechelberg, back to Murren

7/13 - weather permitting - Schilthorn, Piz Gloria

7/14 - weather permitting - Jungfraujoch

7/15 Schynige_Platte panoramaweg, leave for Lucerne -> hotel, evening walk across the bridge

7/16 boat Lucerne to Fluelen

7/17 Rigi trip, Roundtrip from Lucerne over the Brienzer Rothorn

7/18 train to Zurich

Anything I can add to the days, any sequence doesn't make sense to you? Planning to get Half fare card and BO regional pass.

Lucas
Lucas
9817 posts
expert &
May 31, 2018 - 7:09 PM in reply to maniimjach

Hi maniimjach and welcome to MySwissAlps!

It looks like a nice itinerary. You certainly have time to do other things on each day if you wish.

A few thoughts:
You could do the Wengen-Maennlichen-Kleine Scheidegg on the same day as your Jungfraujoch trip.

Also you can combine Rigi with a boat trip on Luzern (albeit a shorter boat trip). And then on the Brienzer Rorhorn day add on a longer boat cruise on Lake Thun?

Did you compare the Regional Pass - Bernese Oberland with the Jungfrau Travel Pass? Just as a thought - or have you done the math and know it is best? https://www.myswissalp s.com/train/ticketspas ses/practical/choosera ilpass

Last modified on May 31, 2018 - 7:10 PM by Lucas
maniimjach
maniimjach
17 posts
Jun 1, 2018 - 3:31 AM in reply to Lucas

Thank you Lucas.

Where would the shorter Luzern lake trip will start and finish? Is it still originates from Luzern?

Lucas
Lucas
9817 posts
expert &
Jun 1, 2018 - 6:39 AM in reply to maniimjach

Hi maniimjach,

You would take the boat to Vitznau on the way to Rigi. It is described on our Rigi page here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/rigi either the Majestic round-trip or Classic round-trip include the boat. It isn't a tour or anything, just the name for the trip which you do independently.

maniimjach
maniimjach
17 posts
Jun 5, 2018 - 11:45 PM in reply to Lucas

Hi Lucas,

Trying to bake your suggestions into my itinerary. Quick suggestion - you recommended take Lake Thun trip from Luzern, should I rather do it from Wengen though?

Lucas
Lucas
9817 posts
expert &
Jun 6, 2018 - 5:14 AM in reply to maniimjach

If you have the time while you are staying in Wengen yes. It would be a shorter trip. :)

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018