Swiss rail pass for a family of 4 with 16 yr old

Swiss rail pass for a family of 4 with 16 yr old

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
PrincessAJ
PrincessAJ
6 posts
Jun 21, 2018 - 6:32 AM

Hello, just wanted to know what is the best deal for our family of 4. My daughter turns 16 on June 28th and we are in Switzerland July 10th.

1. Already bought tickets from Paris to Basel, arriving 5:30pm July 10th

2. Need tickets from Basel to Interlaken, and then on to Grindelwald, where we are staying for 3 nights

3. Would like to visit Wengen, Murren, top of Europe tour, Schilthorn

4. Going back to Zurich on Friday July 13th to make our flight back to London

I was initially going to buy the 1/2 pass but saw that now I have to buy 3 in total. So would it be better to buy 2 adult and one youth 3 day Swiss travel pass ($642) or 3 half card Swiss pass for $120 each?

Thank you. I attempted to use the Excel sheet but was a little lost.

Lucas
Lucas
8955 posts
expert &
Jun 21, 2018 - 12:53 PM in reply to PrincessAJ

Hi PrincessAJ and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Without doing the math, there is no way to know for sure which is the best option economically. Feel free to post your excel sheet and we can have a look to see if anything looks wrong.

I think it is easier and certainly simpler for everyone to buy a Swiss Travel Pass (https://www.myswissalp s.com/swisstravelpass/ price) for 3 days though.

It gives you a lot more flexibility each day as you can just hop on most trains, buses, boats without buying tickets each time (mountain excursions are often an exception).

Last modified on Jun 21, 2018 - 12:54 PM by Lucas
PrincessAJ
PrincessAJ
6 posts
Jun 25, 2018 - 5:32 AM

Thank you. I will work on the spreadsheet and post.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018