Scenic train ride from Zurich

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 May 2018 at 16:53:49 #882377

Hello

I have bought a Swiss travel pass and planning to go Jungfraujoch. My question is can we buy Jungfraujoch train pass in advance for July? I read somewhere check weather before the buy Jungfraujoch ticket. What’s your opinion on this matter.

Thank You

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 May 2018 at 17:06:03 #882378

Hi Desi,

Our advice is the same. Wait until you’re here and see what the weather is like and then decide whether it’s worth the money to go up.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 May 2018 at 9:09:51 #882379

Thank you Chantal, We will buy tickets at night before travel to Junhfrau, if weather permits. What about seat reservation from Kleine Scheidegg to Jungfraujoch? Do we need a reservation on that in advance or do it with Jungfraujoch train tickets, What’s your take on this?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 May 2018 at 18:50:44 #882380

While the train to Jungfraujoch can get busy in July/August I wouldn’t be too concerned with reservations unless you absolutely need to be on a specific train due to other commitments.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    4 May 2018 at 19:50:59 #882381

You can read a bit more about how Jungfraujoch reservations work here.

Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • The thread ‘Scenic train ride from Zurich’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.