2 days in March in Zurich – Sledding? what to do?

• Uallin
    Participant
    115 posts
    26 October 2017 at 6:44:49 #813568

Hi! Requesting for some advice on a walking itinerary for 3rd & 4th March. Will it still be snowing then? Thinking of exploring the city on our first day there and on the 2nd day, we would like to have some snow activites like tobagonning or sledging. I saw Flumserberg offers that but wonder is there anywhere nearer and more easily accessible? Zurich is our last stop after visiting Jungfrau Region, Zermatt and Lucerne. Thanks!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 October 2017 at 7:11:56 #871273

Hi Uallin,

I doubt there will be snow in the town of Zurich in early March – but of course you never can predict the weather. There hasn’t been any snow the last couple years in March that I recall.

The closest hill with sledding runs that I am aware of, with sled rentals, is Zugerberg (near Zug). There are several hills around Zurich (Uetliberg) with Sledding trails but none of them offer rentals that I am aware of. I don’t know if there would be any snow even on those hills in March – they are both under 1000 meters in height.

Have a look at our what to do page for Zurich so you can have some back up plans. A Lake cruise might be a good option. As would the Wildnis Park Sihlwald (about 30/35 minutes from Zurich by train). It is free and essentially a huge Zoo in the forest with large enclosures for bears, Lynx, wolves, deer, elk etc. The kids would love it. https://wildnispark.ch /parkbesuch/ There isn’t an English version but Google Chrome does a good job translating it.

There is of course the proper Zurich Zoo (https://www.zoo.ch/en) as well which is only 15 or 20 minutes by tram from downtown Zurich

• The thread ‘2 days in March in Zurich – Sledding? what to do?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.