2 days in Interlaken- late December

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 September 2016 at 23:13:44 #810081

Hi,

Me and my husband are planning to stay in Interlaken for 2 nights. We are not trained to do ski and are looking for things we can do in and around Interlaken.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    12 September 2016 at 7:19:28 #855901

Hi nidhi13, welcome to MySwissAlps!

You’ll find lots of suggestions on our Interlaken page. Just be aware that most hiking trails in the mountains will be inaccessible in December. Only winter trails will be open, like Grütschalp to Mürren.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 September 2016 at 18:03:22 #855902

Hi Amo,

thanks for the quick response! I went through the list of attractions and activities on your page but not sure which ones would be suitable for December. Would need your help in identifying those options.

Point taken on winter hikes 🙂

thanks!

Arno
    15471 posts
    12 September 2016 at 18:21:01 #855903

Hi nidhi13,

You will have to check the timetable (this one, or check the links on each attraction page) for places you’re interested in. Train timetables for late December will be available from about mid October I guess. In general I can say this: the major attractions like Schilthorn and Jungfraujoch will be open, and many lifts as well as you’ll be there during the busiest weeks on the year (start of the ski season and Christmas). Boats will operate on a very limited schedule. Cogwheel trains to non-ski areas like Schynige Platte, Brienzer Rothorn and Niesen will be closed. Details can be found in the timetable.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 September 2016 at 21:18:42 #855904

Thanks Amo…..your response was very useful 🙂

• The thread ‘2 days in Interlaken- late December’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.