2 days in Lucerne during public holiday

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 August 2018 at 16:58:51 #817881

I’m traveling with a friend. We just came from interlaken. There we experienced Murren/Schilthorn and a lake cruise to the waterfalls. During our current 2 days in Lucerne, we plan on going to Engelberg/Mt Titlus for a full day and 1/2 day at Mt Rigi. I just discovered that tomorrow is a public holiday. Which day might be a better/less crowded day for Mt Titlus?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 August 2018 at 19:15:56 #894207

Hi Cheri,

Normally holidays might be a bit busier with locals heading to the mountains as well as tourists, but in August locals are already on holidays – I doubt there will be a significant difference either way.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 August 2018 at 20:26:49 #894208

Thank you!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 August 2018 at 21:12:24 #894209

Per the Swiss rail time table, it looks like 10am ito Engleberg is the most busiest time. If we leave at 12, will this still give us plenty of time to enjoy this mountain?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 August 2018 at 6:55:09 #894210

Yes, most people spend an average of 2 hours on any mountain. Titlis has a lot to see and do so 3 may be about right. Check the timetable for the last trip down. http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

Usually the first trip up in the morning is quietest; if you want to avoid the crowds (and get up early)!

• The thread ‘2 days in Lucerne during public holiday’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.