2 days in Lucerne: is it worth buying a rail pass?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Sharonboldt
Sharonboldt
3 posts
Aug 13, 2019 - 8:06 PM

We will be taking a train from Basel to Lucerne, stay there 2 days and taking a train again to the Airport in Zurich. We also hope to take a boat ride on Lake Lucerne and go up the Mtn. Is it worth buying a rail pass for these few trips? WE will be there early November and not sure about the weather for the Mtn.

Thanks for your input in advance

Annika
Annika
6101 posts
expert &
Aug 14, 2019 - 8:55 AM

Hi Sharonboldt!

I think this has also been discussed in your previous topic from last April: www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/2-days-in-switzerland-1. Since that's closed now, we'll continue here. It's a bit of a gamble, but assuming you'll be making a boat trip and visiting at least one mountain, you're probably better off getting a pass than buying regular full-fare tickets. I'd look into these options if I were you:

Here's how to calculate your options: www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/chooserailpass.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

Black Friday deals for Switzerland

Take advantage of the Black Friday 2019 deals! There are some very good discounts for travelers to Switzerland.
More information

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019