2 days in March- Please Help!!

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 March 2015 at 21:07:19 #806969

Hi, Im in my mid twenties, and Im going to be in Switzerland for a delayed stopover. I land on Monday evening, and Im out Wednesday at noon. I will be flying into ZRH. Can you please tell me where I can see the most gorgeous place for the short time I will be in Swiss? Also what type of clothing should I wear? Thanks!!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    12 March 2015 at 11:22:14 #841983

Hi shmulik613,

Lucerne is a wonderful town for first time visitors (and anyone else), and just an hour by train from Zurich. There’s a lot to do for any kind of weather. For further tips and hotel suggestions, please see the Lucerne page.

Clothing depends on what you’ll be doing and the weather of the day. The general advice for the mountains is to dress in multiple thinner layers. More information is here.

Have fun!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 March 2015 at 18:24:56 #841984

Thanks for your helpful info. People have been telling me to go to Lecerne, but I’d rather actually get a taste of the Alps. Any suggestions?

Arno
    15483 posts
    12 March 2015 at 19:50:25 #841985

If you’re looking for small car free Alpine villages, then consider:

• Rigi Kaltbad (near Lucerne on Mount Rigi, about 2.5 hours from Zurich airport)
    • Wengen in the Jungfrau region, about 3 hours from the airport)
    • Mürren, across the valley from Wengen

Or, look into mountain top hotels if you want something really special.

The risk of all these places is that they could be covered in clouds for the short time you’re there. From Lucerne, you have the choice of doing a day trip into the mountains or stay in town in case of bad weather.

• The thread ‘2 days in March- Please Help!!’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.