2 days from Geneva to Montreux and Glacier 3000

2 days from Geneva to Montreux and Glacier 3000

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
cinek2563
cinek2563
2 posts
Dec 14, 2017 - 5:19 PM

Dear all,

I wanted to ask you for an advice on travelling public transport. We are going for 2 days to Switzerland, first weekend of January. I will need two return tickets from Geneva Airport to Montreux and then two return from Montreux to Glacier 3000. I am a bit confused as when and where to purchase tickets and the price as well. I was getting a price of GBP250 return for both journeys, which seems a bit expensive.

I was hoping someone can help and advise what would be the best option to accommodate these two journeys.Are there any advance purchase options we can get or best way is to buy them on the arrival ?

I will much appreciate any help.

Thank you in advance,

Regards, Martin

Arno
Arno
10355 posts
expert &
Dec 14, 2017 - 7:48 PM

Hi Martin,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! If it's just those two trips then regular tickets should costs you less than CHF 200/GBP 150 per person. You can buy tickets on the spot or online in order to skip the ticket office or machine.

The only way to save a bit more is Supersaver tickets, but they are not flexible and non-refundable. If you miss the train printed on the ticket because of a delayed flight, the ticket would be useless. Normal tickets are valid for all trains during the day.

cinek2563
cinek2563
2 posts
Dec 15, 2017 - 10:37 AM

Thank you for your reply. I just found out that we will be getting a Montreux Riviera Card from a hotel. Link below:

www.myswitzerland.com/ en-gb/montreux-riviera-card.html

Do you know if that card helps to travel cheaper? According to information on the website we can travel free of charge on the Mobilis network ?

Many thanks in advance,

Kind regards, Martin

Arno
Arno
10355 posts
expert &
Dec 15, 2017 - 12:45 PM in reply to cinek2563

Hi Martin,

Yes, sure, every hotel in the area will provide you with that card when you check in: www.myswissalps.com/mo ntreux/hotels. But it's for local trips. Only a short section of the route to Glacier 3000 is included. If you show the card when you buy the ticket you will save a small amount. Perhaps CHF 10 or so at the most. And perhaps another CHF 3 on your way back to Geneva.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018